Blue Maple is a vacation rental investment firm and modern property management. We own properties in small “drive-to” markets in West Virginia, Virginia, & Pennsylvania – and we’re expanding nationally. As we move towards our 10-year goal of welcoming 2 million guests across 1,000 properties, we’re adding three to five new cabins and cottages each month to our portfolio of 65 vacation rental getaways.
Unlike other investment and property management firms, our business model involves raising investment funds to acquire and operate all of our properties. We provide exceptional returns for our investors, an amazing experience for our guests, and a fun and fast-paced environment for our team.
In addition to offering the opportunity to work on exciting real estate projects in the vacation rental space, we are committed to providing our employees with a supportive work culture needed to succeed in their roles and achieve career goals.
As the Vice President of Finance at Blue Maple, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can make a real impact on the financial performance and stability of the company. Your expertise and senior-level leadership skills will be critical to the success of our unique business model.
In this role, you will oversee all the financial matters of our company, including accounting, analyzing our financial data, and reporting on the performance of each property. With your expertise, our CEO will rely on you to advise the leadership team on financial strategic planning.
Beyond existing property performance and financials, you will also work closely with our acquisition team to identify new expansion markets and improve the quality and speed of our property acquisition analysis.
To succeed in this role, you must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and have a firm understanding of accounting operations and data analysis.
If you are an upper-level finance professional with love for vacation rentals and hospitality, we'd love to talk to you.
- Manage accounting operations, including daily transaction reconciliation and accounts payable and receivables
- Prepare and submit all applicable reports
- Analyze performance reporting from our portfolio and make recommendations on actions to take to improve net income
- Project manage select recommended actions to improve property performance
- Analyze market data to recommend which markets we should prioritize and expand to
- Improve our property acquisition underwriting process to better estimate expected yield on prospective deals
- Manage payment of monthly and quarterly local sales tax and annual business taxes
- Work with our external accounting team to draft our EOY fund and property management tax documentation
- Streamline processes to help reduce back-office financial operations
- Manage the property refinancing process
- Manage Rippling - our payroll/HR system, for all employment-related requirements like payroll, healthcare, leave, and taxes
- 8+ years of accounting experience (including using Quickbooks Online), including senior financial leadership experience
- Certifications such as CPA, CFA, and CMA are preferred
- Experience making real estate investment decisions is preferred
- Experience with vacation rental trust accounting is a plus
- Ability to process complex data and make thoughtful decisions
- Exceptional project management / organizational skills
- Ability to work in a small team and carry out initiatives with little supervision
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We’ve put together an exciting benefit and compensation package for you because we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
Annual Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 based on experience and achievement
Bonus Plan: EOY bonus based on company & individual performance
- Unlimited vacation / PTO
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee recognition programs
- 401k retirement plan
- Company retreats 2-3x per year
This remote role will require you to be a self-starter, able to make online meetings as scheduled and work closely as a critical member of our small, experienced team and with our operations managers and analysts.