Book N’ Gather is a vacation rental management property company that stands out from the crowd by providing experiences that become lifelong memories for guests that choose to stay with us for their Michigan vacation.
We offer homeowners:
- Listing Management
- Guest Support
- Booking Management
- Cleaning and Maintenance Services
As owners of vacation rental properties ourselves, we understand the needs, goals, and desires of vacation rental homeowners. This knowledge, combined with our white glove approach, has contributed directly to our success.
Our small but growing team is now looking to level up as the business grows. We are seeking a candidate who will thrive in a challenging yet welcoming environment.
A strong work ethic and the ability to solve problems under pressure will be essential for your success as the Operations Manager at Book N' Gather. Your role will include overseeing daily operations, housekeeping, and maintenance teams and ensuring an outstanding guest experience.
This position means that no two days will play out exactly alike but will consist of managing all guest communications, conducting property inspections, developing training manuals, recruiting, and implementing brand policies that ensure efficiency and excellence.
The Book N’ Gather leadership team will rely on you to integrate technology, and possess operational know-how, and business sense to achieve and exceed their company goals.
- Oversee daily operations managing a specific portfolio of up to 16 properties.
- Build rapport with the owners of the properties by proactively communicating and becoming an expert on their maintenance, cleanliness, and well-being.
- Assist your team with escalating guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls, and tickets
- Oversee and handle all guest communications.
- Maintain a portfolio budget, adhere to annual costs, and conduct cost-benefit analyses.
- Manage an efficient and high-quality team, ensuring they are trained, effective, and adhere to all Book N’ Gather policies and procedures
- Ability to perform light general home maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, fixing door hinges, unclogging toilets, etc.
- Conduct regular inspections prior to guest and owner arrivals looking for any items missed by cleaners during property turnover.
- Laundry pickup and delivered to houses as needed.
- Check inventory at each property and restock consumables such as toilet paper, linens, etc., as needed.
- Develop and implement a physical cleaning guide manual that includes detailed cleaning procedures and photos illustrating how to maintain the property.
- Recruit, hire, and train cleaners as needed
- 2+ years of management experience is required, preferably in the vacation rental or hospitality industry.
- Prior housekeeping/maintenance experience is a plus.
- Computer skills are required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Communicate professionally through email, phone calls, video calls, and texts.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Highly responsive, reliable, and possess strong attention to detail.
- Reliable transportation to travel between worksites.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean record.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
$48,000 - $58,000 based on achievement and experience
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Flexible work schedule during the off-season