Miller Beach Vacation Rentals offers unsurpassed short-term rental accommodations along the picturesque southern coastline of Lake Michigan. We are in the memory-making business and delight in providing five-star service and well-appointed homes to guests from around the world. We take great pride in what we do, strive for continuous improvement, and prioritize giving our guests the best experience possible.
We are offering a $1,250 SIGN-ON BONUS-
$500 bonus after 6 months of full-time employment and an additional $750 after 12 months of full-time employment!
The mission of the Maintenance Technician is to preserve the working order and functionality of our vacation rental properties, performing repairs and making improvements when required. This important member of our team must be an excellent troubleshooter with a practical mind and strong attention to detail.
We're looking for a reliable and experienced Maintenance Technician who takes pride in what they do and has a solid working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliances, and preventative maintenance.
This position also requires scheduled "on-call" availability.
This is an Hourly, Independent Contractor position.
- Perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep (tighten furniture, change furnace filters, replace light bulbs, pest control, groundskeeping, etc.)
- Have working knowledge and the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair minor electrical, including circuit breakers, switches, outlets, light fixtures, and ceiling fans.
- Able to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair minor plumbing and HVAC systems issues.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and occasionally install appliances.
- Ability to complete basic drywall repair and patching, interior and exterior painting.
- Inspect safety systems (fire, carbon monoxide detector, security cameras, alarm system, etc.) and schedule repairs or services when needed
- Hot tub cleaning, testing, and maintenance (training provided)
- Troubleshoot wifi, door lock, or other smart home devices
- 2+ years of residential property maintenance experience.
- Have your own basic tools and working knowledge of how to use them.
- Able to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Available for scheduled on-call shifts.
- Valid driver's license, dependable vehicle, and proof of insurance.
- Smartphone with the latest operating system.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- No criminal history.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Sign-on Bonus Details: We are offering a $500 bonus after 6 months of full-time employment and an additional $750 after 12 months of full-time employment!
- Employee recognition programs