“Love what you do, and you’ll never work a day in your life.”
The statement is never more true than at Margaritaville, where 90% of our team members say they LOVE their job.
Sprawling more than 13 acres on nearly 600 feet of gorgeous beachfront in Panama City Beach, the new Margaritaville Beach Cottage Resort is currently under construction and getting ready for the 2024 season. We are building 109 custom vacation homes with multiple food and beverage venues, a clubhouse with upscale amenities, an outdoor resort pool, as well as direct beach access to transport guests and owners into the Margaritaville state of mind.
When you join us, you'll find an excellent professional atmosphere where collaboration is encouraged and office drama is a foreign concept. Instead, we provide team members with the opportunity to become part of a community that values your contribution and supports your growth. You’ll also find that at the heart of our company lies our core value, 'It’s my job to be better than the best.' This isn't just a statement; it's a personal and collective commitment to excellence.
Join us at Margaritaville, where work becomes a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Become a Staff Accountant on our finance team.
This position allows you to play an essential role in maintaining our financial integrity and directly contributing to the success of our globally recognized brand.
As a Staff Accountant, your focus will be on managing key accounting functions and ensuring the accuracy of our financial transactions.
A typical day could include handling month-end reports, general ledger reconciliations, and managing accounts payable and receivable. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring the accuracy of our accounting records and preparing comprehensive financial statements and reports. We’ll also rely on your expertise to contribute to accounts management, payroll processing and maintaining compliance standards.
Apply today to join us and get started on a career path where your skills are recognized, your contributions are celebrated, and every day offers a new opportunity to excel in a field you love.
We look forward to seeing you in Paradise!
- Oversee and maintain accounts receivable and payable, ensuring accuracy and adherence to the Resort’s SOPs for timely management and shareholder reporting. This includes balancing and reconciliation of banking transactions.
- Support the bi-weekly payroll process, ensuring all data entries by department managers are accurate and documented.
- Assist in preparing financial and operational reports, including trial balances, adjustments, and closing entries. Responsible for posting transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records and preparing statements, invoices, and vouchers.
- Review and verify invoice accuracy, ensure timely payments in accordance with terms, and manage posting to journal ledgers. This also involves analyzing, investigating, and correcting accounting entries as needed.
- Handle accounts receivable transactions, process receipts and cash, and prepare bank deposits while maintaining accurate documentation.
- Respond efficiently to customer service inquiries, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and service quality. Ensure compliance with financial processes and standards.
- Diligently maintain all accounts receivable and payable records, ensuring weekly filing is current and organized.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in general accounting.
- Able to work proficiently with relevant software such as M3 Accounting, Oracle, and QuickBooks.
- 2 to 4-year college degree (accounting preferred) with a strong understanding of bookkeeping procedures.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $18.00 - $22.00 based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
- Regular business hours Monday through Friday