Perdido Beach Resort stands proud as the Alabama Gulf Coast's most expansive hotel resort. Our reputation? Delivering sun-kissed memories, surf, sand, and a fantastic dining scene that has guests returning season after season.
Why work with us?
- Our strong family environment keeps the atmosphere vibrant and supportive.
- Whether guests choose poolside treats, room delights, or our delightful sit-down restaurant experiences, we always serve the best.
What’s in it for you?
- We make sure your hard work is rewarded.
- We offer top-notch benefits from generous paid time off and premium health insurance to 75% tuition and book reimbursements.
- We believe in employee recognition. Shine in what you do? We'll make sure you're celebrated for it.
But, more than the perks, what truly stands out is our people. When you work with us, you’ll join a team where team spirit thrives, and the leadership genuinely cares about your growth and success.
Being a server at Perdido Beach Resort means being hyper-focused on providing the best guest experience possible. This will require you to multitask, have excellent communication skills and work well with the rest of the team.
As part of your duties, you will be expected to perform opening and closing tasks, take orders, deliver food and drinks to tables, and provide suggestions to guests, assisting them in making drink and food decisions.
You’re the right person for the job if you’re a personable and hard-working team player who enjoys going above and beyond for the people you serve. If you have the confidence to provide exceptional guest experiences and deliver menu items with a friendly and professional approach, apply today!
- Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Take guests' orders with accuracy.
- When complete, retrieve orders up to 40 lbs. from the kitchen, confirm their accuracy, lift and deliver to guests along with appropriate condiments.
- Refill drinks as neededAbide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Willing to clear, clean, and prepare tables as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Highschool diploma or GED is preferred
- Prior serving and/or hospitality experience is preferred
- Ability to learn and memorize the menu and specials
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to use a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check orders and close out the check.
- Proficiency in English is necessary to comprehend menus, explain and record orders, and effectively communicate with guests regarding special promotions.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 40 lbs. through a crowded room continuously throughout the shift.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $5.15 - $9.00 based on experience and achievement
- FREE lunch or dinner daily
- Platinum-level health insurance through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama at a low cost
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate eligibility (age 21), including a 5% match.
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacations, holidays, and sick/personal leave
- Tuition reimbursement of 75% of tuition & books
- Discounts on rooms and in all food & beverage outlets
- Many events and award ceremonies each year to highlight team members and their accomplishments.
Schedule: Flexibility is required to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays