Become part of our Team known for Precision, Excellence, and Efficiency at Walker Legal.
Headquartered in the U.S. Virgin Islands, with offices in the historical towns of Christiansted and Frederiksted, St. Croix. Walker Legal is a general practice law firm known for its client-centric advocacy and sought-after legal counsel. We are dedicated to providing clients and collaborators with high-quality legal services encompassing passion, strategy, and action. We aim to guide our clients through the intricacies of the legal process by actively listening to their needs and developing a tailored plan that builds a roadmap to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Being part of our team means you perform best in an environment that fuels success through unwavering dedication, persistence, and a drive for clients to emerge at the end of the process better than before. We value quick-thinking, adaptable professionals eager to make a significant impact. At Walker Legal, your ability to take the initiative and lead is celebrated.
We invite you to join us as we continue to grow and make a difference in the lives of our clients and the community.
Are you ready to elevate your legal career while embracing the serene beauty of the Virgin Islands
Walker Legal seeks a dynamic Senior Litigation Associate to join our team in the breathtaking U.S. Virgin Islands. You will step into a position that challenges your legal expertise and strategic thinking. As an important member of our team, you will be assigned to lead two of three litigation practice areas: Civil Litigation (both plaintiff and defense), Criminal Defense, or Family Law.
In this role, you will be the Lead Counsel on a team of one Litigation Associate, two Paralegals, and two Legal Assistants.
We are looking for someone with a persuasive and strategic mindset who is comfortable directing and guiding a small team of legal professionals through cases from beginning to end. Your role will involve advocating for clients in court and administrative proceedings, conducting and defending depositions, and engaging in critical mediation and plea negotiations. You will also play a key role in client consultations, drafting and reviewing legal documents, and setting goals for your designated practice area.
This position presents a unique opportunity to combine career advancement with the distinctive lifestyle that only the Virgin Islands offers. Our firm also provides relocation assistance and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to make the transition easier.
We’d like to thank you for your consideration and encourage you to begin the application process today.
- Serve as Lead Counsel in Civil, Criminal Defense, or Family Law Practice areas
- Lead a team consisting of one Litigation Associate, two Paralegals, and two Legal Assistants
- Advocate for clients in court and administrative proceedings, in conducting and defending depositions, and in mediation and plea negotiations
- Advise clients and perform legal consultations
- Draft and review legal memoranda for distribution to clients and opposing counsel and for filing with court and administrative tribunals
- Determine case strategy and work collaboratively with the Managing Attorney and Chief Operations Officer to set goals for the designated practice areas
- Manage and guide the litigation team towards a successful resolution
- Interface with clients, opposing counsel, and court staff
- Minimum of 7 years of litigation experience in either Civil, Criminal Defense, or Family Law. Preference will be given to those with experience in at least two of these practice areas.
- Trial experience with at least 5 trials in the role of lead attorney
- Strong legal research and writing experience
- 2 years minimum of judicial clerkship is preferred
- Experience working with a legal team consisting of associates, paralegals, and other legal professionals
- Experience working with case management software to enter time and manage client matters
- Personable and self-aware individual who enjoys working with and leading a professional team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary Range: $130,000 to $160,000 based on experience and achievement, with a yearly minimum billable requirement of 1,610 hours
Bonus: Quarterly and annual bonus incentives for meeting and exceeding minimum billable requirements. We also provide an additional bonus for attracting new clients
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Childcare benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Scheduling: Remote, flexible scheduling.