In 2021, Moving Mountains received an honorable mention of being in the top 50 - 100 places to work in the USA as determined by the “Outside Magazine Best Places to Work” Employees Survey.
Moving Mountains is a family-owned and locally operated company, established in 1997. Since then, we have carved out a niche for high-touch memorable vacation experiences in exceptional mountain homes. We can directly attribute our success to building our brand around pillars of trust, integrity, and outstanding guest experiences. Because of our commitment to these core values, our portfolio has grown to almost 200 remarkable properties in the Colorado mountain destinations of Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, and now Breckenridge. This responsibility and growth have positioned us as market leaders in the luxury vacation property management space.
As we continue to grow, we are actively seeking opportunities for expansion in other areas of North America, building on our years of expertise and success. Our achievement and growth have resulted in a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging day-to-day workflow. Combined with our founders' creative and unconventional style, Robin and Heather Craigen, Moving Mountains has cultivated a rewarding corporate culture that continues to drive the company forward and offers fulfilling career opportunities for team members.
As Reservations Specialist, you will operate in a dual role. Your first role will be primarily supporting the Reservations Team, which has seasonal fluctuations in workload. You will also serve a secondary role within our Guest Services department, providing 5-star customer service to guests who have already made their lodging reservations.
The right candidate will need to have local knowledge of Steamboat Springs, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge, or experience with other similar mountain and ski resorts with a passion for learning as much as you can about the area.
This is a hybrid remote role. You must live in Colorado and be able to attend meetings on-site in the Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, or Breckenridge areas.
- Assist with lodging reservations and requests at all Moving Mountains property locations, including email quotes, phone sales, follow-up, chats, texts, and inquiries from travel and wholesale agents.
- Assessing guests' needs, problem-solving, booking new reservations, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrating a passion for creating memorable vacations in exceptional mountain homes with phenomenal customer service.
- Meet sales targets for reservations, travel insurance, and guest activities
- Performing administrative duties by accurately documenting all guest communications and any other administrative tasks as assigned by the management.
- Willingness and demonstrated flexibility to adjust as new systems are implemented.
- Communicate and arrange summer and winter activities for all locations.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- 2 or more years of customer service or sales work experience, or an equivalent combination of both.
- Have knowledge of Steamboat Springs, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce Plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously or with a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Must live in Colorado and be able to attend meetings on-site in Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, or Breckenridge.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour and commission
Bonus Details: Moving Mountains offers a bonus plan based on overall performance, as well as monthly and quarterly cash incentives for targets met - worth a minimum of $10,000. The commission is based on reservation types made, insurance policies sold, quarterly guest arrivals, and guest service activities booked. There is no maximum to the bonus or commissions awarded.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8-hour shifts including weekends and holidays as needed.