Working at Abode is an exciting opportunity for anyone who thrives in a positive, inclusive, hard-working environment. Currently, we manage over 150 furnished apartments and hotel apartments catering to corporate and leisure guests, with vacation rental and corporate housing making up the majority of our business. As a company, we primarily operate apartments in urban areas, with future plans to expand to resorts.
Our mission is to redefine hospitality by providing upscale hotel-like spaces with next-level services and amenities. In order to achieve this vision of design-forward, tech-enhanced, and artistically curated furnished apartments, we rely heavily on the skills and creativity of our employees.
At Abode, we are dedicated to working hard while having fun along the way. We value striking a solid work-life balance amid our fast-paced growth and are committed to managing and working with strong values and integrity.
You're invited to apply!
If you're in the Philippines and have excellent customer service and property management skills, we want you to join our team in this exciting online position.
We're looking for a Remote Property and Maintenance Manager to join our Destination Services Team. As a full-time independent contractor, you will primarily work during US office hours, making it perfect for you if you’re seeking overnight hours.
In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining our properties and ensuring our guests have a memorable and comfortable stay. As part of your daily routine, you will troubleshoot maintenance issues with our guests in the States over the phone. Your tasks will include coordinating problem-solving maintenance jobs, accurately documenting incidents, and handling maintenance requests.
To be successful, it will require experience in managing properties and maintenance, along with strong English communication skills. You should also be detail-oriented and dedicated to customer service.
So if you're a caring, motivated individual eager to enhance our guests' stay experiences while benefiting from our remote online opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
- Facilitate preventative maintenance programs with housekeeping, property operations teams, and third-party vendors. Preventive maintenance areas include regularly scheduled HVAC service and filter changes, hot water boiler service, smoke detector battery changes, and carpet and furniture deep cleaning.
- Manage repairs & maintenance issues reported by guests and property operations teams and coordinate maintenance troubleshooting and response activities with guests, property operations teams, and maintenance vendors.
- Maintain appropriate Asana projects and spreadsheet incident logs for missing, damaged, and maintenance items.
- Daily duties may include troubleshooting and problem-solving reported maintenance issues, submitting maintenance requests and following up on their resolution, sourcing and paying maintenance vendors, and charging guests for lost or damaged items.
- Documented experience using Property Management, Maintenance Ticket, or Project Management Ticket software such as Asana, Basecamp, ZenDesk, Jira, etc. is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in hotel, multifamily residential, resort, or vacation rental property, and maintenance management is required.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required.
- High level of computer literacy and ability to quickly learn and master new communication and management systems.
- Experience scheduling and managing maintenance activities and vendors. Strong preference for onsite versus remote management is preferred.
- Must be familiar with residential appliances (washer/dryer, dishwasher, hot water heater, boiler, HVAC systems) and basic residential maintenance and repairs, including furniture, carpet cleaning, drywall and painting, basic plumbing, and electrical. Property management call center experience is a plus.
- Reliable 12MB or greater high-speed internet connection
- Internet modem capable of connecting to a VOIP telephone to be provided by the Company
- Secondary backup internet connection (hotspot or comparable)
- Reliable and up-to-date personal computer with the capacity to run reservations, security, and communications programs.
- Most programs are cloud-based so require more processing power (RAM) than hard drive storage capacity. Min 8G RAM
- Reliable power supply and backup generator access.
Only applications that have completed the Predictive Index Assessment and the two-minute video introduction will be considered.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $5.00 - $10.00 per hour based on experience and achievement
Bonus: 13th-month bonus potential
- Paid Time Off
- Internet Connectivity Allowance
- Phil Health Reimbursement
- Full-Time Independent Contractor 5 days per week and 9 hours per day with 1 hour of rest and meal breaks.
- Most shifts will be US office hours (Philippine Overnight Shifts) as these are the peak operations periods.
- May include weekends and holidays, day and evening shifts. Initial training schedule estimated time 4 weeks.