At Cohobnb our mission is to provide a wide array of unique and luxury vacation rentals across Northwest Arkansas. Each of our vacation rentals is set up specifically for guest enjoyment. Our team includes specialists in sales, hospitality, customer service, marketing, housekeeping, maintenance, real estate, interior design, and more! We are go-getters and applaud those who challenge the status quo & think outside the box. We love Northwest Arkansas & love offering travelers the best possible experience in our towns. We are swiftly growing and adapting, and we are looking for candidates who fit our company culture primarily and who are willing to join in the face-paced environment and be a part of a small business.
The Operations Manager is a hands-on position responsible for creating and maintaining strong client relationships with Cohobnb Properties’s homeowners. This includes regularly communicating the overall condition and opportunities for improvement at the properties. This position is fully accountable for the appearance, inventory, cleanliness, maintenance, and overall guest experience for a portfolio of vacation rental properties. Experience in sales, client relations, and customer service are key to success in this position. An eye for aesthetics and design would be highly preferred, as well as a general understanding of basic home maintenance. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and timely follow-up are critical to managing activities directly related to Cohobnb Properties’ high-quality standards. Responsibilities will include an equal combination of office and fieldwork.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with homeowners.
- Actively work with homeowners on opportunities to grow their revenue with property updates.
- Communicate frequently with the Director of Growth on revenue growth opportunities.
- Take ownership of communications with homeowners on issues of a high dollar amount or complex nature.
- Ensure homeowner satisfaction and retention by routinely engaging homeowners to discover concerns and providing timely resolution to their requests.
- Proactively partner with homeowners to ensure revenue goals are met, providing continual feedback relating to amenities and enhancements.
- Perform annual property evaluations and prepare recommendations for homeowners to enhance property marketability.
- Schedule monthly inspections to ensure all portfolio properties meet or exceed Cohobnb Properties standards.
- Maintain quantity and assure the quality of inventory items in each property, replace items as needed, and notify and invoice the homeowner.
- Review Guest feedback related to the standards of properties within the portfolio and ensure resolution of issues.
- Monitor and document Guest feedback for trends relating to property, furnishings, or condition and communicate feedback with homeowners.
- Enter work orders, track billable PSM time, and bill homeowners for additional tasks and responsibilities beyond the normal scope of property inspection or communication.
- Refer project management activities or tasks for larger-scale projects and repairs to Coho’s Design Services or appropriate outside vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors to successfully complete property enhancement projects on time and communicate progress to appropriate parties and document in relevant software platforms.
- Evaluate work and repair quality performed by Cohobnb Properties’ Maintenance Technicians or outside vendors to confirm that their work meets/exceeds Cohobnb Properties’ standards.
- Review open Maintenance work orders on a weekly basis, and review/audit monthly work order billing for accuracy prior to the close of the month and owner statements. Ensure all documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis and open invoices or work orders are closed out by month-end.
- Schedule regular monthly inspections of all grounds, buildings, and facilities and their related condition when properties are included as part of a condominium complex or HOA. Document and report findings to the HOA and Operations team. Follow up with the homeowner as needed to ensure repairs are made or issues are resolved.
- Schedule all inspections related to Long Term reservations and Security Deposit inspections.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to the guests and homeowners of Cohobnb Properties.
- Fully comprehend and utilize all relevant technologies utilized in Operations.
- Ensure all required processes and procedures are completed for the timely onboarding of new properties.
- Accurately maintain current property and owner information files in appropriate systems.
- Monitor properties for potential safety concerns, and follow through with corrective action. Ensure proper response and documentation of all emergencies at properties within company guidelines to minimize liabilities.
- Actively contribute as a member of the Property Services workgroup, participate in regular team meetings, provide insight, and collaborate on problem-solving/decision making with other department teams.
- Participate in the after-hours phone duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist with training staff to perform property inspections or evaluations at all levels as needed or assigned.
- Manage Housekeeping and Maintenence department.
- Perform other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Communication Skills – Displays expertise at clear and timely communications. Demonstrate comfort and competence at creating and maintaining working relationships.
- Sales Skills – Demonstrates an understanding of sales best practices and basic skills.
- Detail Orientation/Accuracy – Verifies all work; recognizes flaws or errors others may overlook. Successfully manages many small tasks or processes with many details.
- Project Management – Demonstrates the ability to work within timelines, company structures, and budgets for the successful completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Analytical Skills – Creates insightful and comprehensible reports on findings.
- Stress Management – Accepts pressure and maintains composure and perspective intense situations.
- Negotiation Skills – Successfully closes negotiations achieving the best possible outcomes for the company.
- Results Focus - Exhibits commitment to achieving goals and consistently delivering results based on department deliverables.
- Managerial Focus – Demonstrates task and priority management and sound decision making by taking into consideration the homeowner, guest, and company needs to accomplish objectives and deadlines of the department. Spends sufficient time managing projects, establishing expectations, enlisting the support of fellow team members, and following through with team project involvement.
- A preferred minimum of 2 years professional management experience in relevant fields (property management, hotels/resorts, residential construction, furniture industry, account management, sales, customer service, etc.) Preferably the vacation rental or hotel industry.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Availability to work a varied schedule which will include holidays, weekends, overtime, and after-hours phone duties as needed
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal transportation and valid driver’s license
- Ability to solve complex problems
ANNUAL SALARY: $50,000 - $60,000
$1000 - Once 30 days of employment have passed
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
The Northwest Arkansas Council is investing more than $1 million over six months to attract top talent to the region through the LifeWorks Here initiative, which brings to light the lifestyle and career benefits offered by the region.
Northwest Arkansas is a great place to work, live and play: for recent grads, families, career changers, entrepreneurs, artists, and more. This program from The Northwest Arkansas Council is offering top remote working talent – maybe you? – a $10,000 cash incentive to move to the region. The funds will help with everything you need to set up your new life in Northwest Arkansas.
In addition to $10,000, incentive recipients will be gifted a street or mountain bicycle to help you take advantage of the 162 miles of paved trails, the 37-mile Razorback Regional Greenway, and the 322 miles of world-class mountain biking trails that have made outdoor enthusiasts flock to the area. Alternatively, participants can choose an annual membership to one of Northwest Arkansas' world-class arts and cultural institutions.