Birchwood Property Management is an affiliate of Holiday Vacation Rentals, a family-owned business that manages upscale vacation rentals, resorts, and condominium communities in Northern Michigan resort markets. The company strives to provide homeowners with peace of mind through high standards of service and property care and to provide guests with exceptional customer service.
Our team participates in the Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA) and Community Associations Institute (CAI) professional development resources and is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. Alan R. Hammond is the founder and Managing Director of Holiday Vacation Rentals and Birchwood Property Management. He has served as a Director, Officer, and Treasurer of VRMA and holds the Certificated Vacation Rental Manager (CVRM) designation. Alan, a recognized industry leader, is quoted in the book The Rental Game: Winning with a Professional Vacation Rental Team by Maureen Regan.
The core values from which we define our company culture and brand are:
Integrity: honest and trustworthy
Professionalism: knowledgeable and respectful
Enthusiasm: passionate, caring, and dedicated to helping others
Exceptionalism: provide exceptional service and tirelessly strive to exceed expectations of homeowners and guests
Innovation: entrepreneurial; seeking new ways to improve operational efficiency, owner benefits and the guest experience
We believe our employees are key to ensuring our success and are committed to creating an environment where each team member thrives. We are the perfect fit for you if you love hospitality, have a passion for entrepreneurship, and enjoy variety in your daily routine.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for the LeBear Luxury Resort. The resort is located in Glen Arbor on the shore of Lake Michigan, twenty-five miles west of Traverse City and three miles from the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Team members are provided opportunities for professional development and certifications through the Vacation Rental Managers Association (VRMA).
Facilities Maintenance plays a key role in maintaining the overall appearance of the LeBear Luxury Resort and providing exceptional owner and guest experience.
The position requires a person with experience in grounds and building maintenance.
Responsibilities include the maintenance of landscaping, irrigation, swimming pools, mechanical systems, and beach and condominium Residences.
- Maintain mechanical equipment and work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Schedule annual regulatory inspections for boilers, elevators, swimming pools, water quality, sanitary septic, fire suppression systems, and water wells.
- Conduct Monthly Safety Inspections and keep accurate records.
- Assist other team members to have residences “ready for occupancy” by check-in time on arrival days.
- Assist the Resort Manager in training employees on Safety and Emergency Procedures.
- Adhere to Michigan Health Department pool chemical balance requirements.
- Adhere to OSHA safety standards.
- A minimum of three years of relevant condominium, hotel, or resort maintenance experience.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) license.
- Aptitude in mechanical systems, plumbing, heating, appliance repair, and small equipment operation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn property management programs.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule during peak occupancy and to respond to after-hour emergencies.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $47,500 to $55,500
Bonus Details: Annual performance bonus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid time off (PTO) includes holiday pay, sick leave, vacation time, bereavement and jury duty leave.