Calling all handypeople, do-it-yourselfers, and repairmen!
Patriot Family Homes could be the next best place to settle in and build your career if you're skilled in repair and maintenance.
Patriot Family Homes is a place where people come first, and we take pride in our work. Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 500 properties in 25+ markets with 75 employees, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Lease to Us Programs
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
Additionally, we are nearing the end of a capital raise that will allow us to buy an additional 1,000 homes within the next two years. This will necessitate hiring another 100 employees over that time frame, making us the largest owner-operated chain of short-term rentals in the nation, with plans to further expand to 25,000 homes globally over the next decade. The career growth opportunities are massive.
But, most importantly, as veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at Patriot Family Homes, you will
become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
If you’ve never encountered a home maintenance issue you couldn't handle, enjoy finding new ways to improve home maintenance processes, and have a mindset that says no job is too small- we’d love to connect.
Our Maintenance Technicians are critical to our brand's reputation as they ensure the maintenance and quality of each home in their assigned market. As such, you will be highly valued in this role.
Your responsibilities will be to oversee and participate in the maintenance and repair of the following:
- The exterior of the property
- The interior of the property
- Plumbing and any other tasks as needed
Candidates for this position should be able to work steadily and accurately on time-sensitive issues and maintain relationships with third-party vendors.
If you love the idea of working for a rapidly growing and welcoming company, having a daily schedule of traveling to properties (we offer a fuel allowance), and being able to start as soon as possible - let’s talk.
We look forward to your application and add you to the Patriot Family Homes family.
- Exterior maintenance and repairs, such as cleaning out gutters, resealing decks, installing electronic locks and security systems
- Interior maintenance and repairs, such as installing smart thermostats, pest control measures, electrical work, and hanging artwork
- Plumbing maintenance and repairs such as unclogging drains, replacing toilets, fixing leaking faucets, and dealing with any shower issues.
- Landscaping duties
- Attention to detail: maintenance issues must be documented and reported. Time tracking is also important, so work can be appropriately assigned and billed.
- Sourcing and supervising third-party contractors with advanced HVAC, plumbing, and electrical skills beyond your own.
- Skilled in the trades and general home maintenance.
- Ability to build, implement, and track a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; the ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in multiple locations across multiple properties on any given day.
- Proximity to market location or willingness to commute is preferred but not required.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted (mostly moving furniture).
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and consistent access to a reliable vehicle.
- Military and Military spouses are encouraged to apply!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $20.00 - $22.00 / hour
- 401K program
- Mileage allowance