Moving Mountains is a family-owned and locally operated company, established in 1997, that has carved out a niche for high-touch memorable vacation experiences in exceptional mountain homes. Our brand is built around pillars of trust and integrity and exceptional guest experiences. The company is a market leader in luxury vacation rental management managing almost 200 exceptional properties in the Colorado mountain destinations of Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, and now Breckenridge. The company is on a strong growth track and is seeking opportunities for expansion in other areas of North America building on the success of many years of operations. The result is a fast-paced dynamic and variable workflow that is dependent on the business climate and opportunities available. The company leaders, Robin & Heather Craigen are creative and experienced entrepreneurs with an unconventional style that has served them well in the hospitality industry.
In 2021, Moving Mountains received an honorable mention being in the top 50 - 100 places to work in the USA as determined by the Outside Magazine Best Places to Work Employees Survey.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
CULTURE, BENEFITS & BONUSES:
Moving Mountains has a strong company culture and is focused on being the best place to work. This is a full-time, year-round position with attractive pay and benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, HSA, life insurance and disability insurance, retirement savings plan, and paid time off.
The Maintenance Technician is a valuable member of the operations team. The position is responsible for performing maintenance duties in managed luxury homes. Knowledge of home maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting in the following areas is essential:
- A/V Equipment
- Boilers and HVAC
- Drywall repair
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weekly Property Checks
- Irrigation Maintenance
- Snow Removal
- Create Estimates for Repairs
- Scheduling and coordination of property maintenance
- Post departure and Pre-Arrival Property Checks
- Home inspections, evaluation, and repair
- Vehicle Preventive Maintenance and Repair
- Documentation of time worked and tasks completed for billable and non-billable time
- Provide immediate response to guest needs
· Assist with Paragon office building maintenance: light bulbs, sprinklers, carbon monoxide detectors, paint, heating & plumbing systems, Christmas lights, parking lot stripes, etc.
· On-Call Shift rotations
- This job has no supervisor responsibilities
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
· Maintenance Technicians must have and maintain a clean driving record and be between 25-65 years old to be added to our insurance.
· Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Work Experience: 2 years or more property maintenance experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· General Knowledge: Property Management, Home Maintenance, Carpentry, Irrigation Systems, Plumbing, Electrical, AV, Hot Tubs/Spa, Appliances, Computer skills
· Company Culture: All managers and supervisors assume a leadership role within the MM team as an ambassador and protectors of our company culture.
· Flexibility: Demonstrates a willingness to assist in any role within the organization in times of need. Flexible working hours and ability to regularly work on weekends.
· Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness and ability to change as new systems are implemented.
· Certificates, licenses, and registrations required: Must have a valid driver’s license or CDL with a clean driving record and must maintain a clean driving record. Confidence in driving large vehicles including shuttles and towing trailers.
· Communication: Must possess excellent customer service skills, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Diversity: Ability to work with a diverse team and clientele.
· Attitude: Personable and able to deal with a variety of personality types. Positive attitude to solving problems.
· Multi-tasking: Ability with logistics and coordination of simultaneous assignments
· Work Ethic: Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously but also as a team player.
· Teamwork: Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, owners, and guests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand and walk, talk and hear
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continual exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Continually exposed to outside weather conditions
- Continually exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Additional remarks regarding the work environment:
- Able to get in and out of a vehicle
- Must be able to walk on icy & slippery surfaces
- Occasionally required to drive or may be expected to drive at some point
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moving Mountains is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- * Maintenance Technicians must have and maintain a clean driving record and be between 25-65 years old to be added to our insurance and to drive company vehicles
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- property management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location