We invite you to enjoy a piece of New Old Florida at the Gibson Inn, the beating heart of Apalachicola. Constructed in 1907 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this place is steeped in Southern hospitality, rich history, and old-school charm. The iconic Parlor Bar remains the definitive local watering hole, serving craft cocktails, local beers, and a knockout menu from a famed in-house restaurant, the Franklin Café.
Reminiscent of days gone by, this fresh 45-room boutique hotel features one-of-a-kind guest rooms designed for every type of traveler, a lively Billiards Room, wrap-around porches, Bentley chauffeur service, Gibson Golf Cart rental packages, complimentary bicycles, and more.
Discover the New Old Florida experience at the Gibson and immerse yourself in the beautiful Forgotten Coast.
Immediate positions for Cooks are available, with a focus on growth and maintaining our values. The Cook is responsible for performing various food preparation tasks and cleaning and sanitizing the work area with the ability to multi-task, managing multiple dishes at once. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work quickly and efficiently, as well as be able to work under pressure.
To learn in this position and to grow with the company, it will be essential for you to be able to take direction from the kitchen staff with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
In addition, as one of our Cooks, you will receive a number of benefits, including paid vacation days and healthcare coverage.
Apply today. We can't wait to see what amazing things you'll achieve in the culinary world.
- Prep and cook meals according to food service standards.
- Follow instructions of supervisors in the kitchen.
- Learn and memorize multiple dishes.
- Follow basic hygiene procedures.
- Other responsibilities as needed by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state or reliable transportation.
- Experience working in a fast-moving kitchen is a plus but not a requirement.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to thirty pounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $17.00/hour
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Exclusive employee perks across the Forgotten Coast Hospitality family of brands
Start your journey with Forgotten Coast Hospitality in Northwest Florida. We are local to the core—kindness and respect are the foundation of who we are. We believe hiring and nurturing the right people is the best way to serve our guests and community and deliver memorable experiences.