Going on vacation should be the easiest and coolest thing you do all year. SWAY is a fast-paced hospitality company that cultivates a 5-star experience for every single guest who entrusts us with their precious time off. We manage properties (condos and homes!) on behalf of our owners all along Mustang Island.
Founders Chuma and Jim are 5-year industry veterans who have a passion for building the greatest guest experience on the island. After managing their own rentals through other companies and having less than stellar experiences, they decided to create and manage SWAY. Today we cater to the two most important demographics on the island – SWAY homeowners and SWAY guests!
About the opportunity – Executive Housekeeper
Our team is growing rapidly at SWAY! We’re hiring a seasoned Executive Housekeeper to improve our efficiency and productivity to achieve our guest satisfaction goals. You will be working as the trusted advisor for our housekeeping team to ensure we can continue to meet the 5-star cleanliness expectations our guests and owners have grown to trust.
- Support the development and long-term strategic planning of all housekeeping initiatives.
- Talent recruitment – recruit housekeeping employees and companies who align with the SWAY vision and core values.
- Talent development – supervise new housekeeping companies and employees and cross-train to the five-star SWAY cleaning standard.
- Review and approve all new guest amenities and additions to properties for alignment with brand, supply chain feasibility, value perception, and pricing.
- Support the management team in resolving customer complaints regarding property operations.
- Identify new and innovative strategic opportunities to fit the changing business needs and property strategic priorities.
- Utilize a continuous improvement approach to identify development opportunities, leverage creativity and flexibility in determining solutions, plans, and execution.
- Verify the scheduling of hours and assigning duties and responsibilities are in accordance with work requirements.
- Evaluate and consult on all bids from new owners.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of labor cost control through effective scheduling and proactive management.
- 1-2 years related experience in an operational hospitality role or service industry; multi-unit leadership role desired
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, positive attitude, and comfort working in ambiguous environments
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Ability to take direction from multiple types of people
- Track record of creating profitable, operational, and innovative Housekeeping/Laundry/Engineering solutions
- Experience leading multiple projects from ideation through execution
THE PLATINUM RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or guests, we follow The Platinum Rule, treating others the way they want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in hospitality and tourism. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. This calm focus helps us create solutions our guests and owners love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
We look at our guests’ experience holistically and recognize that catering to them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three most important groups of people – our guests, our owners, and our staff.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Bonus Plan: Based on Guest Reviews
Benefits: Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days