We invite you to enjoy a piece of New Old Florida at the Gibson Inn, the beating heart of Apalachicola. Constructed in 1907 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this place is steeped in Southern hospitality, rich history, and old-school charm. The iconic Parlor Bar remains the definitive local watering hole, serving craft cocktails, local beers, and a knockout menu from a famed in-house restaurant, the Franklin Café.
Reminiscent of days gone by, this fresh 45-room boutique hotel features one-of-a-kind guest rooms designed for every type of traveler, a lively Billiards Room, wrap-around porches, Bentley chauffeur service, Gibson Golf Cart rental packages, complimentary bicycles, and more.
Discover the New Old Florida experience at the Gibson and immerse yourself in the beautiful Forgotten Coast.
As a Housekeeper at the Gibson Inn, you'll be responsible for cleaning all common areas and guest rooms in a total of seven properties. This role includes ensuring each unit is staged and ready when guests arrive for check-in.
To be the ideal candidate for the Housekeeper position, you must thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail—checking everything from the baseboards to windows. It will be crucial for you to work independently and take pride in preparing spaces where people can make lifelong memories.
Housekeeping at White Sands Hospitality offers many benefits and opportunities for growth. As well as being challenging, the work is vital to the company's success and comes with a competitive wage and benefit package.
- Clean and inspect rooms and common areas.
- Restock all consumables, such as toiletries.
- Ensure rooms are staged and ready to welcome guests in before check-in.
- Report any maintenance issues, damage, or loss of items to management.
- 2+ years of housekeeping experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Extremely task-oriented with high standards for quality and accuracy.
- Available to work 8-hour shifts on Saturdays and Sundays 8-4 is required.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $14.00 / hour
Part of the White Sands Hospitality family