Located in Harpers Ferry, our charming vacation rental homes and cozy cabins are surrounded by natural beauty and awe-inspiring views - the same views that inspired John Denver's iconic song and kept drawing us back after our first visit. We love that we get to report to work every day in such an incredible place.
But the perks of working at Mountain Mama don't stop there.
With the success and growth of our company since 2018, we now manage 20 properties, with plans to manage 30+ by the end of 2023, creating opportunities for professional development and the privilege of meeting amazing people from around the world.
As part of the Mountain Mama team, you will create a seamless and enjoyable experience for our guests. Our homes and cabins serve as a peaceful retreat that allows our guests to disconnect from the world and reconnect with their loved ones.
Apply today and join us in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
As the Guest Services Coordinator and Concierge at Mountain Mama, you'll create magical moments for our guests in one of the country's most iconic yet hidden gem destinations. It will be your #1 goal to ensure every guest has an unforgettable stay.
A typical day in this role will be communicating with guests, making reservations, and providing timely information before, during, and after their stay. You'll also be at the forefront of our concierge services, providing recommendations, organizing small events, and leaving handwritten notes to make them feel extra welcome. It will also be really helpful if you’re already familiar with the area and love it as much as we do.
Additionally, you'll help with operations and troubleshooting any guest issues that may arise during a stay. (No worries, though, we’ll make sure you have the training and understanding to do this effectively.)
Our goal is to make Mountain Mama the best vacation rental company in Harpers Ferry, and we're looking forward to meeting other like-minded people who will share our vision and fit within our laid-back yet hard-working culture.
Please note: This is a part-time role with shifts on Saturdays only to start, but for the right person, there’s potential to transition to more days.
- Act as the first point of contact for guests from reservation inquiry to check out; communicate via phone, email, messaging apps, and in-person.
- Continually refine guest guidebook materials to minimize guest questions and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Remotely troubleshoot property access problems for guests, and provide door codes as needed.
- Remotely troubleshoot problems for in-house guests; if any important supplies are missing during a stay, arrange to have them delivered in a timely fashion.
- Cultivate strong relationships with local experience providers and proactively help guests to plan their trips by putting together itineraries, making recommendations, and helping them reserve other experiences.
- Organize and execute small events at the Mountain Mama office on Saturday afternoons for all guests staying with us that weekend.
- Coordinate with cleaning contractors and maintenance to ensure all cleanings are scheduled and on track, and any necessary repair work (e.g. clogged toilet) will minimize guest disruption.
- Able to put people at ease and turn a potential problem into a win; maintains a warm and welcoming demeanor
- Proficient with technology, including smartphones; quick at learning new applications
- Someone who knows and loves the Harpers Ferry area and the outdoors is preferred
- A people-person and active listener who knows how to make other people feel important
- Creative thinker who enjoys the challenge of serving each person uniquely
- Highly organized and capable of handling many different types of tasks
- Independent, self-driven, and accountable to individual and company goals
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; comfortable speaking with guests over the phone and in person
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $17.00 - $21.00 based on experience and achievement
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
- Shifts will be on Saturdays