Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Southwest.
We currently have 80 employees who manage a portfolio of over 500 short-term rentals. We are acquiring 1,000 additional homes over the next 2 years. We expect this will necessitate hiring another 100 employees over that time frame. This will make us the largest owner-operated chain of short-term rentals in the nation, and we have plans to further expand to 25,000 homes globally over the next decade.
As part of this growth, we are looking to hire a Guest Communications Specialist. In this role, you’ll be the face of Patriot Family Homes (and our other brands!) as you handle calls, emails, chats, and texts with guests before, during, and after their stays. This position requires a cool-headed problem-solver who can think on their feet to resolve customer concerns, and multi-tasking is their jam! They are comfortable working under pressure, proficient with technology, and thrive on change. The right candidate for this role will have a passion for hospitality, a customer-first mentality, and a “can-do” attitude. This position will report directly to the Guest Services Manager.
What you'll do:
- Act as the first point of contact for our guests.
- Be responsible for taking incoming phone calls, occasional outbound calls, and responding to emails or chats on a daily basis from guests who have questions or concerns about a reservation, invoice, or other concerns.
- Convert inbound inquiries into reservations; answer guest questions and provide available property options that meet their needs.
- Help to remotely resolve guest issues or escalate to supervisors / other departments when necessary; assist with the creation of maintenance and housekeeping tickets and escalate issues to other departments.
- Build and maintain business relationships and open lines of communication with other internal support teams.
- Become a “power user” of our property management system - Guesty, help our teams create reservations, add/remove blocks, run basic reports, and keep our backend systems up to date with information about our properties.
- Maintain a detailed record of completed tasks and open items that require follow-up.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by supervisors or management.
What you'll need:
- Passion for customer service and advocating for guests. Enjoys speaking to people!
- Possess the ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of PFH while displaying empathy to our guests.
- Professional in all forms of communication, including email, phone calls, video calls, and texting.
- Superior time management skills with the ability to change activities frequently; not phased by interruptions.
- Quick learner; comfortable embracing change as new policies and procedures are adopted.
- Strong computer skills / “tech-savvy”.
- Ability and desire to work a flexible, part-time schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support the needs of a hospitality business.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $15.00 /hour