Palm Beach Vacation Rentals® (PBVR) is a young (2015), growing vacation rental agency with significant potential to grow. The company has had continuous demand to take on new houses but has taken on new homes only selectively. Palm Beach County has very few vacation rental agencies and with just 27 units, PBVR is already the leading agency in West Palm Beach, the county seat. The agency turns away roughly 35% of all booking requests due to a lack of inventory. Most homes are located within walking distance of each other in the Flamingo Park and Grandview Heights Historic districts. The homes, which are mostly the 2nd home of the owners, are upscale. Rentals have a 1-week minimum stay requirement and monthly rentals are common during Season (Dec 20 – April 20).
West Palm Beach, which offers cultural diversity without the density of other South Florida cities, is one of the most desirable mid-size cities in the USA to live in. Located at the eastern-most point in the State of Florida just 60 miles north of Miami, the average day time temperature is 75 degrees in January (the coldest month). In short, as the oldest resort destination in the USA, The Palm Beaches is a very desirable destination to market and sell, both to homeowners and visitors.
We are looking for an energetic “entrepreneurial” candidate who will grow into the role of General Manager, helping us grow Palm Beach Vacation Rentals into one of the leading vacation rental agencies in South Florida. The candidate should be good with people, motivated and possess excellent communication skills in addition to already having experience working within a vacation rental agency. The role has significant future opportunity for development and growth.
- Direct and manage the operations of the office.
- Work closely with the 2 proprietors, who will work alongside the general manager.
- Help formulate and carry out a business plan with clear objectives and a strategy.
- Filter and translate the proprietor’s ideas (vision) into functional plans for the company
- Effective use of conflict management / patience and empathy with high maintenance guests.
- Supervise bookkeeping with the proprietors and the CPA.
- Attract, retain, and develop a high-performing team as the company grows.
- Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors.
- Maintain compliance with local and state laws, including quality standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Leadership based on the ability to motivate others.
- Strong commitment to results.
- Must be able to juggle various projects at the same time.
- Must be willing to work on select weekends (currently plan is to be on duty every 3rd weekend, off days during the week to compensate).
- Proven results as a General Manager, Reservations Manager, or any other relevant leadership role within a vacation rental agency.
- Experience with a vacation rental PMS system.
- Strong Hospitality experience in the Vacation Rental or Hotel industry.
- Experience building high performing teams, including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success holding people accountable
- Understanding of and ability to create a healthy organizational culture
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Varied experiences and responsibilities in Operations, Finance, and Human Resources
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Spanish language would be useful.
- $50,000 the first year. Minimum 3% increase after 12 months of employment.
- A performance bonus structure will be offered.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, which will be earned and can be taken within the first year already.
(but after a 3 month probationary period).
- 3 days sick leave
- $3,000 moving allowance