Step into this unique role and leave a lasting imprint on our properties and the guests we serve.
We are Occupied - a technology-driven hospitality investment and management organization specializing in short-term rentals and boutique hotels. Our portfolio includes The Cove at Rockport, with tons of New England charm, and The Beverly, offering clean and affordable suites nestled in the countryside, along with 10 Short term rentals scattered across the country. We cater to a diverse clientele, offering a variety of accommodations such as one and 2-bedroom suites, spooky and fun-themed rooms, and apartment-style lodgings equipped with cutting-edge technology and modern amenities.
As part of our team, you'll benefit from the oversight and direction of Occupied’s exceptional leadership. With properties in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Florida, and beyond, we're focused on designing spaces that deliver the utmost comfort and enjoyment to our guests, regardless of the length of their stay.
At Occupied, we're committed to ensuring an inviting work environment that extends beyond competitive compensation. We’re proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, sick days, and vacation days. We also make it a practice to recognize and reward our team's hard work and dedication through employee recognition programs and foster a healthy work-life balance by providing workplace perks such as recreational activities and flexible work schedules.
We invite you to join the Occupied family and discover how our unique blend of history, modernity, and diverse portfolio make working here an unforgettable experience.
We’re seeking a General Manager to take the helm at The Beverly. This is where your main office will be held and our other boutique hotel, Cove at Rockport a day or 2 a week. This role will offer you the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the charm of Beverly and Rockport, Massachusetts, while driving the success of these three distinct properties.
As an integral member of our team, your strategic insight, leadership skills, and financial know-how will play an essential part in ensuring an exceptional guest experience every time.
With this hybrid role, You'll be able to work from home a few days a week once you’ve established your priorities. You'll also get the exciting opportunity to create spaces where comfort and enjoyment are paramount. To be successful in this role, you'll need to have a proven track record of effective leadership and premium customer service skills. This includes being able to handle multiple competing priorities without getting overwhelmed, delegating tasks effectively, and staying calm under pressure.
If you have the experience and the desire to be a part of something truly remarkable in the Massachusetts area, we’d love to hear from you.
- Oversee all aspects of our two boutique hotels and the 10 STRs including operations, financials, human resources, property maintenance, and stakeholder relations; ensure comprehensive management of revenues, expenses, and team members.
- Lead team initiatives, from weekly management & staff meetings, monthly reporting, and standard operating procedure development to strategic marketing efforts and online brand presence enhancement.
- Monitor financial performance, KPI and budgets of each property and assist in Identifying opportunities for revenue growth and cost reduction.
- Prioritize client relationships and feedback: ensure brand excellence by monitoring and addressing online reviews, maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge, and fostering rapport with all stakeholders.
- Ensure each hotel complies with health, safety, and licensing regulations.
- Monthly reporting to ownership on the performance of each hotel and STR.
- Meeting weekly with Rockport hotel supervisor to ensure smooth operations.
- 4+ years of prior experience working within the hotel industry.
- Management experience required.
- Exhibit outstanding managerial skills, including time management, multi-tasking, and creative problem-solving to professional communication, team coaching, and fostering a proactive, positive work environment.
- Strong financial management skills to oversee budgets, control costs, and drive revenue.
- Able to develop and implement effective business strategies for hotel operations, marketing, and guest service.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 based on experience and achievement with an OTE (On Track Earnings) of $100,000 - $120,000
- Paid time off (PTO) 20 Total days off (4 weeks)
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Able to work regular business hours with the flexibility to work after hours and on weekends/holidays as needed.