Balmoral Resort Florida: General Manager
Manage a leading luxury home resort in the sunshine state
LOCATION: Haines City, FL
Balmoral Resort Florida is a vacation home resort comprised of 120 homes with 35 additional houses currently under construction. Located in Central Florida, Balmoral Resort Florida is close to Orlando and is set in a beautiful private gated community featuring spacious vacation homes with private pools, surrounded by peaceful parks, gardens, lush landscapes, tranquil lakes, and walkways. Our resort features incredible amenities, including a waterpark, clubhouse, bar, and grill for our guests to enjoy as well as a fitness center and arcade games facility. We pride ourselves on upholding the gold standard in cleanliness, service, guest experience, and overall satisfaction. Our mission is to serve our guests by offering the ultimate in luxury accommodations, proximity to the most popular attractions in Orlando, and providing memorable activities on the resort for all ages.
Over the last couple of years, our resort transitioned to a long-term rental business model due to the pandemic. Now, with things returning to normal, we are in the middle of transitioning back to our original short-term rental business model. This transition requires us to find someone who will eagerly take on the day-to-day aspects of running a luxury vacation home resort. The successful candidate for this position will be the driving force behind our everyday operational systems and programs and provide 5-star experiences for our guests. To excel, you will need to be passionate about hospitality, with extensive knowledge and experience in management, quality control, and customer service. It is imperative that you possess leadership qualities and skills to develop and sustain a hard-working, creative, and resourceful team around you. In this position, you will work closely with and report directly to the owner, as well as have a close working relationship with our CFO.
- Manage and oversee 150 luxury vacation homes
- Conduct and attend staff meetings
- Maintain the quality and integrity of the resort
- Uphold a high standard for housekeeping, maintenance, and customer service
- Manage the various rental distribution channels and explore new channels for rental distribution
- Manage the daily operations of our various amenities on-site, including but not limited to our waterpark, large clubhouse, bar and grill, sports field, fishing dock, and mini-golf.
- Ensure any concerns or complaints from guests are dealt with quickly, effectively, and with a high level of professionalism.
- Oversee and manage the staffing, training, and development of staff, ensuring that each staff member is clear on company standards and goals
- Create and be the driving force behind a thriving and productive company culture
- Explore opportunities that increase profit, follow existing processes and systems and use your analytical skills to make improvements.
- Efficient use of Cirrus, our CRM software with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Manage international and domestic arrivals with a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Curating and maintaining professional and beneficial relationships with vendors
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hospitality or hotel management
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of various rental distribution channels
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to maintain composure and professionalism
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and excel in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Maintenance experience is an asset
- Strong understanding of business principles, finance, and marketing
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We’ve put together an exciting benefit and compensation package for you because we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Relocation Assistance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Workplace Perks, i.e. flexible schedules, recreation activities, snacks, and coffee
- Monday through Friday
- Must be available for nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $125,000 based on experience up to $150K OTE