Innovation is the key to success in any industry, which could not be more accurate than at Mastercool. For over 40 years, we've led the way in innovation and technology, supplying professional air conditioning, service tools, and equipment to the automotive and HVAC/R industries. As one of the fastest-growing companies in this market, our primary goal is to drive New Product Innovation and Technologies to make the everyday work of the Air Conditioning / Refrigerant Technician easier! With our never-ending focus on innovation and new technology, Mastercool has been awarded many patents worldwide. We work directly with distributors to ensure our products are distributed in over 76 countries worldwide!
The Embedded Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software applications for new products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of embedded systems development principles. Candidate will work closely with other engineers and cross-functional teams to ensure that our embedded systems meet the required specifications and standards.
- Design and develop firmware for current/upcoming products
- Design and maintain PCB schematics and firmware
- Characterize electronic sensors
- Manage electronics engineering documentation
- Assist the marketing team to help shape the product
- Assist with project planning, estimation and tracking
- Assist service and manufacturing departments in troubleshooting software/electronics related problems
- Develop test fixtures for manufacturing
- Ability to develop and execute test plans, analyze results, and recommend actions
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in embedded systems development
- Strong proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Java, or C++
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Eagle for PCB design
- Experience with Code Composer and C for MSP430.
- Experience with electronic bench equipment (oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, function generators).
- Substantial experience in analog/digital low noise design, simulation and implementation
- Experience with MPLAB and C/Assembler for PIC16 is a plus
- Experience with Codewarrior and C for Freescale 9S08 is a plus
- Experience with standard communication schemes (RS232, I2C, SPI) is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Bonus Details: Bonus is discretionary, based on the performance of the company and the individual.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Profit Sharing – depending on financial performance