For over 35 years, Mastercool has been supplying professional quality air conditioning service tools and equipment. As one of the fastest-growing companies in this market, our primary goal is to drive New Product Innovation and Technologies to make the everyday work of the Air Conditioning / Refrigerant Technician easier! With our never-ending focus on innovation and new technology, Mastercool has been awarded many patents worldwide. Our products are currently distributed in over 76 countries and growing daily! We are seeking an experienced Embedded Systems Engineer to join our Design team.
Mastercool designs, markets, and continues to develop a variety of equipment and tools, utilizing differing systems architectures, including:
- 100% embedded systems
- Embedded systems supporting PC-based software
- 100% PC-based systems
- Apps - standalone or integrated with other systems
The Embedded Systems Engineer (a new position) will work with other Engineering resources to maintain existing products and be a key participant in extending the product offering.
- Lead or support design activities, as assigned, from conception into production, working with cross-functional teams
- Systems design:
- Create functional & technical specifications from conceptual input
- Design product family architecture
- Determine/develop communication protocols
- Develop/build functional prototypes
- Design embedded hardware
- Create circuit designs, schematics, and circuit layout
- Specify PCB hardware
- Design & develop embedded firmware
- Develop software
- PC-based and/or mobile Apps
- Design validation & [development/production/supplier] test processes
- Debugging of hardware & software
- Develop/maintain production test processes (automated where feasible)
- Ongoing support for manufacturing
- Regulatory approval, as/if needed
- Embedded systems design (hardware, software, firmware) for families of related products and standalone products
- Hardware, software, firmware development, troubleshooting, debugging
- BS - EE / SE or equivalent
- Experience with standard interfaces (USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Familiar with data communications protocols
- Experience as an Embedded Systems Engineer or similar
- Digital, analog, and power circuits
- Extensive knowledge of power management
- Strong troubleshooting skills using test equipment
- Test design (verification/validation, production)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Bonus Details: Bonus is discretionary, based on the performance of the company and the individual.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Additional paid vacation: Mastercool is typically closed from December 25th to January 1st
- Health and Dental Insurance after 3 months of employment.
- 401k Plan after one year of employment and at least 1000 hours worked – Employee deferrals match as follows: 100% match for the 1st 3% deferred; 50% match for the next 2% deferred; 100% vested from the start of deferral.
- Profit Sharing – depending on financial performance, Mastercool declares profit sharing, which is then added to your 401k plan, subject to the vesting schedule. Historically Mastercool has contributed 4.5 – 5% of employee salaries.