Job Title: Director of Sales
Company Location: Hybrid Remote position
Position type: Full-time
SkyRun Vacation Rentals is rapidly growing and currently facilitates over 20,000 guest reservations annually and manages over 1000 properties across 35 of the most beautiful destinations in North America. The technology platform that SkyRun has built to manage these reservations, properties, and locations, has grown to be one of the most advanced in the vacation rental industry. This position is a unique opportunity - a rare combination of “in on the ground floor” exposure with an already established Inc 5000 growth trajectory and in the sizzling hot vacation rental industry.
SkyRun is seeking a dynamic sales leader who will be responsible for identifying sources of candidates that can qualify to become the owner of a SkyRun Vacation Rentals destination location and provide professional vacation rental property management under the license of the SkyRun brand. The Director of Sales assists prospective destination owners through the decision process of purchasing a location, contract signing, and onboarding. This position reports directly to the CEO.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced manager/director-level employee who wants to help drive the evolution of how SkyRun disrupts the vacation rental industry. Success in the role requires sound sales processes and strong influencing skills.
We are looking for someone to:
- Collaborate with the leadership to shape and ultimately lead the execution of SkyRun’s expansion strategy.
- Develop sources and compile lists of future destination owners in the lead tracking system.
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails, portal leads, and working with broker networks, as well as incoming lead follow-up.
- Identify lead sources and manage the marketing budget for new destination marketing working with SkyRun marketing to implement programs that generate leads.
- Focus on high-potential unclaimed territories to find the best operator in those areas.
- Prospect, generate leads, deliver presentations, host discovery days, and close new destination sales.
- Identify quality candidates and walk the candidate through our sales process. Assist in financially qualifying prospective destination owners.
- Conduct or assist in the presentation of the advantages, benefits, and salable features of owning a SkyRun destination.
- Assist with the initial phases of the onboarding cycle for new SkyRun locations.
- Travel as required to potential SkyRun locations and trade shows to call on and meet with future location owners.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- 5+ years experience in high-dollar item/long-sales cycle sales with exceptional results required
- Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) designation desired
- 2+ years experience building and scaling successful franchise systems for leading franchise brands desired
- Vacation Rental experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the principles and strategies for building successful franchise systems desired
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage all documentation and legal agreements relating to the sale of a license
- Business case business plan building, budgeting, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Creative strategist. Developing new ways to drive sales and value to existing and perspective SkyRun locations
- Good phone skills
- Extroverted personality and the ability to work in a sales environment
- Personality and behavioral characteristics that provide for an even-handed approach to problem resolution. Ability to handle rejection.
- Flexibility to travel as required to trade shows, to call on and meet with future location owners, and to visit SkyRun headquarters in Boulder (if working remotely)
- $50,000 - $80,000 annual salary based on experience and qualifications with generous commission bonus plans.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long term disability insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Telecommuting options
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
- 3 Paid volunteer days per year
Company EAP (Employee Assistance Program)