Our first UrbanStay property was an escape from the corporate 9-5 job. We knew life had so much more to offer outside the rat race: an exploration of new worlds, authentic conversations with friends, and unforgettable memories. We founded UrbanStay to provide travelers with an experience that we longed for ourselves while also freeing us from our cubicle jobs to explore new places, just like many of the guests we host. We find fulfillment in travel, adventure, and accommodating like-minded vacationers into our UrbanStay homes.
And with that mission and vision….we are growing. It turns out that being authentic, working hard, and taking bold action really does work.
If you’d like to be a part of the adventure, keep reading.
To continue to scale effectively and keep our team moving efficiently toward our overarching goals, we’re currently looking to hire a dynamic and experienced Director of Operations.
To be successful in this role, we’ll need you to be a confident leader with the ability to delegate and tenaciously pursue the “ bigger picture” even amid the day-to-day details of the business.
We will rely on you to establish and maintain operational excellence across the organization, with your primary goal being to increase the organization's productivity, efficiency, and profitability. Areas of responsibility will be implementing operational improvements, managing and leading the team, and providing mentorship to our employees.
We're growing very quickly and are looking to partner with someone with experience scaling small businesses. If you're interested in developing with us and feeling challenged in a fast-paced startup, we'd love to chat!
- Oversee and evaluate day-to-day operations like guest experience, housekeeping, and maintenance operations.
- Develop systems to optimize operational efficiencies and employee satisfaction.
- Produce annual operation forecasting report and strategy.
- Manage, hire, and lead a team and build the culture within the organization.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Source and develop relationships with outside vendors.
- Previous experience in the vacation rental industry or hospitality is required.
- 5+ years of operational experience.
- Proven experience as Operations Manager, Director of Operations, Chief Operating Office, or relevant role.
- Knowledge of various OTAs is strongly desired.
- Strategic planning and small business development experience.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and small business development.
- A competitive edge with a passion for seeing the whole team win.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $90,000 - $120,000 based on experience and achievement.
Bonus Details: Uncapped profit-sharing performance-based bonus compensation.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Relocation assistance