Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Lease to Us Programs
- Management Suppor
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
We are seeking a Director of Guest Experience with extensive experience managing a guest experience department that can hit the ground running and grow with us. Our guest experience department serves guests across a multi-location, multi-market
portfolio of short-term rentals. This is a key position that will work cross-functionally across multiple departments, primarily, with our Operations department which oversees housekeeping and maintenance. Because this role oversees a 24/7/365 department, it requires frequent engagement and supervision outside of normal business hours, but this person will be empowered to hire and train shift managers. The Director of Guest Experience will report directly to the
- Oversee all guest engagement, communications, and reservation management.
- Lead our customer service agents, which are primarily military spouses who work remotely with night support based in the Philippines.
- Oversee all written communications with the guests, including automated and customized emails, texts, and on-platform messaging.
- Build a comprehensive program and plan to increase review scores across multiple distribution platforms.
- Manage and optimize OTAs (online travel agencies): prepare listings, ensure calendar syncing, and payments, implement procedures to avoid credit card fraud, and facilitate guest issue resolutions.
- Advocate with Airbnb for disputes and guest violations.
- Work in tandem with accounting to ensure all listings have the appropriate taxes, fees are accurately listed and proper pricing of homes.
- Previous management position in the vacation rental or hospitality industry required.
- Previous experience leading a guest experience team in the vacation rental industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of various OTAs and direct booking is strongly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, Slack, and other related software.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience with Guesty, TRACK, Asana, and/or other industry-specific software.
- Strong interpersonal communication and follow-up skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $65,000 - $80,000 with OTE $100,000
Bonus Details: Bonuses based on company and individual performance
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs