Are you ready to elevate your career in Guest Experiences and Hospitality?
Gather Vacation is a full-service luxury property management company representing 500+ luxury properties in the islands of Hawaii and the Western US. We believe our vacation rental management services offer the best of both worlds: a local-centric approach to home care and guest experiences with the power, technology, and resources of a national brand. As Director of Guest Experiences, you'll join our innovative and ambitious team, rethinking the vacation rental experience.
Gather is in the business of making others feel at home, so when you join our team, you're not only working with the industry’s best - you’re family. We foster deep, genuine connections with each other and inspire and equip our team to trust, learn and evolve while striking a healthy work-life balance so you can be the best at what you do.
We also understand that hard work deserves recognition. That's why we offer our employees not just good pay, but great benefits too. We want you to feel appreciated, valued, and, most importantly, part of a team making a difference in the hospitality industry.
At Gather Vacations, we believe in promoting from within, so there are plenty of opportunities for you to advance if you’re up for the challenge.
Ready to take that step?
We are seeking the right candidate to fill this brand new position for our company as our Director of Guest Experience.
Having extensive experience in the luxury hospitality industry is critically important for success in this position. Our main hope for adding you to our team is that through your insight and ability to implement improved standards and protocols, you will lead our Guest Experience Department to achieve incredible levels of efficiency and guest satisfaction.
You will have a Customer Service team and a Concierge team in your department. These teams serve our guests across a multi-state, multi-market portfolio of short-term rentals and set the stage for our soon-to-be in-house guests. These teams offer pivotal core services to our in-field Property Managers. They will rely on you for your expertise in hospitality and exceptional leadership skills to work cross-functionally across multiple departments.
In this role, you will oversee teams that run seven days per week all year round. This will require some engagement and supervision outside of regular business hours with the goal of training and empowering shift managers to assist you.
If you're a born “people-person” with a strong work ethic and you’re ready to start setting new standards in guest experience, we invite you to apply and join us.
- Manage guest engagement, including communications across platforms (emails, texts, messaging), ensuring a unified voice, carefully handling luxury guests, and oversee all folio and reservation processes.
- Implement and continuously improve standard operating procedures, focusing on delivering best-in-class service and scaling concierge services across markets to drive revenue.
- Enhance guest satisfaction, optimize guest lifecycle, ensure efficient financial and security procedures for fraud prevention and property incidents, and provide local PM support.
- Build and manage a technology-forward concierge operation, setting sales targets and streamlining activities to increase direct margin revenue and enhance the guest experience.
- Coordinate with various teams to ensure the success of transferred reservation processes, aiming for seamless integration of new property onboards and PM inventory roll-ins.
- Guide the company in establishing a cohesive branding experience across all Gather and "by Gather" brands, ensuring clear communication (voice) and expectations between customer service and White Glove VIP services.
- Strategize and oversee efforts to mitigate guest issues with property managers promptly, facilitating a smooth and satisfactory guest journey across direct and OTA (Online Travel Agency) booking channels.
- Extensive experience with luxury clientele
- Previous management position in the vacation rental or hospitality industry required.
- Previous experience leading a guest experience team in the vacation rental industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of various OTAs and direct booking is strongly desired
- Proficiency with Track, Google Apps, Slack, Hubspot, and other related software.
- Strong interpersonal communication and follow-up/follow-through skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $90,000 - $100,000 based on experience and achievement
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs Schedule: Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.