ShotVet provides affordable pet vaccinations and preventative care to thousands of pets every weekend. We have quickly grown to operate in 34 states across the country and are one of the largest providers of affordable pet care. We pride ourselves on creating magical moments for pets and pet parents while operating with the highest standards. Our staff is very close-knit and enjoys working together helping dogs and cats live long lives without breaking the bank for their pet parents!
Seeking a diligent Controller/Finance Manager to join our leadership team at our headquarters in Lake Mary, FL. This position will report to the CEO of the company who is also a CPA. They will be responsible for financial reports, reconciliations, and analysis while leading a developing our team of bookkeepers and financial professionals.
The ideal candidates will need to be task-oriented, conscientious, and meticulous. Be understanding of rules and regulations and ambitious to meet company goals.
- Leading a small team of bookkeepers and analysts.
- Properly closing monthly and quarterly financial reports in a timely manner.
- Developing accurate financial reports and analysis for c-suite decision-making.
- Overseeing Revenue Reconciliation including merchant services and cash analysis for teams and regions.
- Developing monthly, quarterly & annual budgets identifying variances.
- Oversee Bank Reconciliations
- Develop and Implement Inventory Controls
- Develop and Implement Cash Handling Controls
- Track Fixed Assets
- Liaison with external audit, bookkeeping, and tax teams.
- Research and negotiation with suppliers
- Pricing analysis projects
- Corporate governance
- Oversee Preparation of 1099s and 1098s
- Oversee Tax & permit filings
- Special project support as assigned throughout the year
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- 5 - 10+ years of Public or Corporate Accounting experience
- Firm understanding of accounting, financial statements, and US GAAP.
- Full understanding of the month-end close process and how it relates to other closing activities.
- Proficiency in Google Documents which includes pivot tables, v/h-lookup, sum-if, if-then statements, etc.
- Comfort level working in Zoho or Salesforce Databases and Generating reports including verification of data integrity
- Able to multitask and handle large volumes of work with direction from Management
- Developed analytical skills
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Ability to organize & lead teams