Sanibel and Captiva Islands are home to Kingfisher Vacation Rentals - our small, locally-owned company. Our mission is to market and manage second homes of independent owners so guests can come and enjoy the beauty that only our islands can offer.
There's immense satisfaction in being part of a team that provides stability, consistency and an overall fun work environment. As we work together toward our shared goal of providing superior property management services, our team has moved beyond colleagues to a tight-knit group of friends. By joining our team, you'll be setting yourself up both professionally and personally in an environment surrounded by pristine beaches, diverse wildlife, and a supportive community. You'll contribute to a team that values precision, environmental stewardship, and community engagement. You’ll also benefit from leadership that understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance.
Join us to experience a career that blends professional growth with the unparalleled beauty of island living. We look forward to hearing from you.
Are you a meticulous, matter-of-fact individual who loves to work with numbers day in and day out?
We're seeking a detail-oriented Bookkeeper to join our team, where precision meets professionalism. As our Bookkeeper, you'll play a critical role in managing our financial processes, ensuring the smooth operation of our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. This position requires a trustworthy individual who we can confidently rely on to work well independently as well as on a team while delivering superior customer service when corresponding with our owners.
You will excel in this position if you enjoy working in a hybrid environment that appreciates your dedication to structure and accuracy.
Your responsibilities will include preparing owner statements, monitoring office expenses and customer correspondence, processing monthly taxes on time and conducting reconciliations.
If you have the skills and the work ethic we need, we look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you aboard.
- Prepare owner Statements
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Reconcile and maintain accurate ledgers
- Monitor office expenses- purchase of materials and equipment for departments
- Process monthly tax returns
- Handle correspondences and direct contact with customers
- Prepare detailed reports
- 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience with proficiency in accounting software (including QuickBooks), Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and business tax computations.
- Skilled in data entry, maintaining financial records, and computer operations.
- Ability to organize financial data and produce detailed monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication, and analytical skills.
- Must be honest, dependable, and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Technologically savvy, capable of working both independently and within a team.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $25 - $27 per hour based on experience and achievement
Bonus: An annual bonus is awarded based on company performance
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible work schedules
- Workplace perks such as recreational activities, food and coffee
Schedule: Flexible work week with remote work options. Note that you must live in Captiva, Florida, or surrounding areas.