Forgotten Coast Hospitality proudly represents the most iconic food and beverage destinations in Northwest Florida. Our family includes the famous Owl Café, Tap Room, and Franklin Café at the Gibson Inn in Apalachicola, Longbills, and the Cape Smokehouse on Cape San Blas, and multiple new concepts opening over the next few years.
Immediate management positions are available at all locations, focusing on growth and maintaining our values. As a genuine luxury brand focused on our residents and guests, we have built a reputation over the years as a brand that cares about the community, leading to our growth and remarkable success. Join our growing family today! With competitive pay, great benefits, generous Paid Time Off, and company-match 401(k), as well as a host of other perks, Forgotten Coast Hospitality cares about our employees as much as our guests.
At FCH, we…
- Believe the best vacations are in strong local communities
- Take pride in historic preservation
- Strive to foster positive, long-lasting social and environmental impact
- Aim to create growth and opportunity for our team
- Believe that hospitality comes alive through team members who deliver exceptional guest experiences.
- Provide first-class services and amenities across all our brands
- Are loyal brand stewards and the best at what we do.
- Measure success on the happiness of our guests, team, and the community in which we serve
We seek a talented Assistant General Manager to join our leading dining establishment in Apalachicola, the Owl Café. This role involves assisting our General Manager with staffing, training, developing our kitchen and wait staff, and ensuring the restaurant runs efficiently and effectively. A positive attitude, eagerness to learn, willingness to jump in wherever needed, and proving your ability to advance to a higher management level will be key to your success in this position.
- Assist in the oversight of the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
- Deliver and ensure top-notch dining experiences.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Schedule and oversee employee shifts.
- Participate in menu development and pricing.
- Assist in maintaining budgets and managing P&L.
- Help recruit, train, and develop team members.
- Identify and implement ways to improve efficiency.
- Assist with purchasing and maintaining inventory as needed.
- Manage restaurant supply levels.
- Experience working in a restaurant environment is a must.
- Understanding the restaurant's day-to-day operations and a willingness to learn new systems.
- Experience in a supervisory position, preferably in the hospitality industry, is desired.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Solid mathematic skills and basic knowledge of accounting.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $48,000 - $51,000
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Exclusive employee perks across the Forgotten Coast Hospitality family of brands
Owl Café is an iconic neighborhood restaurant in the heart of historic downtown Apalachicola. We first opened our doors in 1900 and have been serving hungry and thirsty travelers and locals ever since. Our menus feature fresh, seasonal dishes, serving lunch, dinner, and a can’t-miss Sunday brunch, along with cocktails, wines, and beers. With turn-of-the-century roots, rustic food, and wine menus inspired by Florida's rich, sun-soaked waters, we offer a relaxed and warm southern hospitality that's hard to find anywhere else.
Start your journey with Forgotten Coast Hospitality in Northwest Florida. We are local to the core—kindness and respect are the foundation of who we are. We believe hiring and nurturing the right people is the best way to serve our guests and community and deliver memorable experiences.