HostGPO is the first buying group - aka group purchasing organization (“GPO”) - for the vacation rental industry, Our mission is to help hosts operate better short-term rentals and in doing so, help shape the future of a rapidly growing industry that we are passionate about - vacation rental travel!
Over the past few years, thousands of short-term rental operators who collectively manage hundreds of thousands of homes across the United States and Canada have joined our community - from AirBNBs owners to boutique hotel managers. Regardless of size, our members get access to our industry-best discounts on everything they need to furnish and stock their units - from furniture and mattresses to linens and amenities.
HostGPO partners with a curated group of brands like West Elm, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Brooklinen, Public Goods, and more to ensure operators have direct, affordable access to the products and services that will elevate their homes.
Through leveraging our collective buying power and our HostGPO Member Portal, hosts can save money, streamline their procurement processes, and provide better guest experiences.
We are growing quickly and significantly impacting the vacation rental industry - come join our team!
We are a fully remote team hiring for a U.S.-based remote (work-from-home) position.
We seek a highly skilled and entrepreneurially-minded VP of Sales and Membership Development to join our growing team. As a critical company member, you will oversee our sales operations team, develop sales strategies, build KPIs and targets, and drive revenue growth. You'll work closely with the executive team and significantly influence the company's sales direction.
This individual must be a strategic thinker, capable of building and implementing sales strategies, and possess expertise in data analysis, CRM systems, and sales operations. They will be a tenacious go-getter, detail-oriented, and comfortable wearing multiple hats. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for data-driven insights, and excel at driving sales excellence, you've come to the right place!
- Membership Strategy:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to drive revenue growth, heavily leveraging data analysis and market insights.
- Membership Operations:
- Oversee membership operations, including advanced CRM management, lead generation, pipeline management, referral programs, member feedback, and sales forecasting.
- Data Analysis and Insights:
- Utilize advanced data analysis techniques to derive meaningful insights and trends from sales data, identify growth opportunities, and optimize sales processes.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, and executive teams to align sales efforts with overall business objectives, establish performance metrics, and provide regular reporting on sales performance.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Leadership:
- Lead the sales team, provide coaching and mentorship, set performance goals, and track progress.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, preferably in a Director, Senior, or leadership role at a startup.
- Advanced proficiency in CRM systems (Hubspot), data analysis, and sales operations.
- Experience leading a team of salespeople with a positive, motivating, and performance-driven culture mentality.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- A fun, energetic, engaging, people-focused personality and leadership style.
- A passion for developing processes and strategies, but comfortable changing course at any given time.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to derive actionable insights from complex sales data.
- Self-starter who can work well with others and independently and collaborate remotely.
- A desire to win and be part of a dynamic team making a significant impact in a quickly growing industry.
- Vacation rental or adjacent industry experience, or e-commerce experience.
- Masters degree.
- Based in Los Angeles (though not necessary.
- Familiarity with using various software stacks, including Slack, Notion, Zapier, etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $120,000 - $160,000 base with OTE $200,000
Bonus Details: Bonus opportunity based on individual and company performance.
Benefits & Perks:
- Stock Options / Equity (0.1 - 0.5%)
- Health Insurance
- Stock Option / Equity in a quickly growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- Paid for out-of-work educational experiences (i.e., if you wanted to take a course on the side)
- Fast career progression opportunities. You will always have more to learn and opportunities to develop professionally.
- Exciting and open work environment. HostGPO is growing rapidly and constantly evolving—lots of teamwork and collaborative problem-solving.
- Free HostGPO Membership
- This is a fully remote position based in the US.