HostGPO is the first buying group - aka group purchasing organization ("GPO") - for the vacation rental industry. Our mission is to help hosts operate better short-term rentals and, in doing so, help shape the future of a rapidly growing industry that we are passionate about - vacation rental travel!
Over the past few years, thousands of short-term rental operators who collectively manage hundreds of thousands of homes across the United States and Canada have joined our community - from Airbnb owners to boutique hotel managers. Regardless of size, our members get access to our industry-best discounts on everything they need to furnish and stock their units - from furniture and mattresses to linens and amenities.
HostGPO partners with a curated group of brands like West Elm, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Brooklinen, Public Goods, and more to ensure operators have direct, affordable access to the products and services that will elevate their homes.
Through leveraging our collective buying power and our HostGPO Member Portal, hosts have the ability to save money, streamline their procurement processes, and provide better guest experiences.
We are growing quickly and having a huge impact on the vacation rental industry - join our team!
We are a fully remote team hiring for a U.S.-based remote (work-from-home) position.
We are seeking a visionary and accomplished Head of Product to spearhead the next iteration of our cutting-edge e-commerce experience. As a key leader within our organization, you will be responsible for shaping and executing the product strategy, building a top-tier team, ensuring a seamless user experience, and driving innovation. Your creativity, expertise, and strategic thinking will significantly influence our company's growth and success.
If you are passionate about creating extraordinary e-commerce experiences, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can lead cross-functional teams, we invite you to join our dynamic team!
Product Development Strategy:
- Develop and execute the product strategy to deliver a cutting-edge e-commerce experience for our members.
- Lead the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from ideation and prioritization to launch and iteration.
User Experience and Interface Design:
- Create intuitive UX/UI flows that optimize the members' journey and enhance the overall user experience.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and marketing teams to ensure seamless integration of design elements.
- Identify and reduce friction points on the current website to enhance usability and increase member engagement.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement necessary changes and improvements.
Data Analysis and Insights:
- Utilize data analysis techniques to derive insights from user behavior, market trends, and product performance.
- Proactively gather feedback from current members to understand pain points, identify opportunities for improvement, and drive product enhancements. Leverage data-driven insights to identify opportunities for optimization and growth.
- Collaborate with the executive team, engineering, design, marketing, and operations to align product strategy with overall business goals.
- Establish key performance metrics and provide regular reporting on product performance.
- Lead and inspire a team of product managers, designers, and developers.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, preferably in an e-commerce or technology startup environment.
- Proven track record of successfully launching and scaling innovative products from concept to market.
- Strong strategic thinking and vision for creating exceptional user experiences.
- Proficiency in leveraging data analysis and user insights to drive product decision-making.
- A passion for developing processes and strategies, but comfortable changing course at any given time.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and collaborating with engineering, design, and marketing departments.
- A fun, energetic, engaging, people-focused personality and leadership style.
- Self-starter who can work well with others and independently and collaborate remotely.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- A desire to win and be part of a dynamic team making a big impact in a quickly growing industry.
- Experience in the vacation rental or related industries and in-depth knowledge of e-commerce best practices.
- Master's degree
- Based in Los Angeles (though not necessary)
- Familiarity with Python/Django.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $175,000 - $190,000 base salary with OTE $230,000
- Bonus incentives of $15,000 - $40,000
- Stock Options / Equity .25% - .75%
- Comprehensive health insurance, including dental and vision coverage.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Opportunities for professional development and educational experiences.
- Exciting and open work environment. HostGPO is growing rapidly and constantly evolving—lots of teamwork and collaborative problem-solving.
- Free HostGPO Membership
What does becoming a HostGPO team member look like?
You'll be a part of a quickly growing startup and have access to see all of the moving parts behind the scenes. You'll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team focused on transforming the short-term rental hosts' offer to guests. You'll be placed in the center of many opportunities and feel challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. This opportunity is about more than just salary; it's about joining an incredible company on the ground floor. Believing in our mission is a must. We are creating a community outside the rental platforms for short-term rental operators. This is a club for hosts, by hosts, here to help each other with our common experiences.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Our differences make us better as a whole.