Vintory is the only sales and marketing platform in the vacation rental industry dedicated entirely to helping professional property managers grow their inventory. We pride ourselves in providing a completely customized experience for property managers and do the same for our team members! We are an inclusive, fun, 100% transparent, and values-driven company with an incredible culture to match. We’re looking for another rock star to join the team that is eager to grow with us!
- We are Hyper-Partner Focused
- We Work with Integrity
- We are Incredibly Transparent
- We Favor being Humble: The star of the team is the TEAM!
- We are Inclusive
- We are an Autonomous Team
- We are Continuously Innovating
We are looking for a scraping & sql ninja/data wizard for our super fast-growing property technology company. The Data Analyst is responsible for managing real estate data for marketing lists. Specifically, we are looking for someone to help us with maintaining and improving a database of property owner target lists for our clients (direct mail addresses, email, phone). This role will be helping build our existing real estate database by finding new data sources by website scraping or contacting municipalities for public records. We then need to segment the lists into targeted personas and tiers. To be very clear, there is some “grunt work” of modifying the lists so that the format is consistent. Candidates must be super detail-oriented and fast-paced.
This role must be able to take in raw CSV / Excel files and perform data manipulation to get output that can be used in our marketing process. Strong programmer aptitude in a scripting language such as SQL or Python is desired. In addition to scripting, applicants must be comfortable working in Excel, Google Sheets, or similar spreadsheet software.
Typical requests would be editing, matching, or de-duplicating address lists. Combining fields, removing keywords, and working with developers to solve complex data issues. Additionally, a data analyst would be required to troubleshoot inaccuracies with property data. Lastly, we’re looking to add new data sources to accurately identify short-term rental properties, so independent online research will be required.
- Collaborates with developers, account managers, or virtual assistants to build procedures to source, coordinate, clean, and analyze data.
- Collect data by downloading, scraping, or contacting municipalities for public records.
- Clean, standardize, organize, and integrate multiple data sets; identify flaws, errors, inconsistencies, or gaps in the data fields within the data.
- Works collaboratively with developers to build data tools.
- Experience with SQL queries or SQL tools for segmenting and de-duping is preferred.
- Experience with Python/website scraping is preferred but not required.
What will make you successful in this position?
- You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- You enjoy interpreting data working with complex sets of information, and aggregating in ways that answer complex questions. You are analytical and metrics-driven.
- Friendly, easy to work with, and patient with team members who are terrible with numbers to ensure understanding with team members and clients.
- Ability to work remotely and comply with due dates.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for numbers
- Open to feedback
- Lifelong learner
Annual Salary: $50,000 to $60,000, depending on experience.
- Flexibility - People want flexibility in where/how they work. We don’t believe in “punching the clock”. We trust our team members and empower them to shape their work themselves so they can achieve the best possible results. We favor outcomes over hours worked.
- Autonomy - People want the ability to make decisions - even the wrong ones sometimes, and that’s the best way to learn.
- Awesome Teammates - People want colleagues that they respect, admire, and enjoy. We spend a ton of time, money, and effort on hiring the right people that are a culture fit. We have a no-jerk policy. We do a great job of keeping them out, but every once in a while, one slips through, and we correct it.
- Transparency - People want transparency in a company’s culture, insights into the decisions being made, and what’s going on inside of their leader’s heads. Our culture is incredibly transparent. From weekly “All Hands” meetings to public sharing of everyone’s rocks (90-day goals) and all meeting notes, all team members have a line of sight into what’s going on in all areas of our business.
- Excellent compensation
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact on our clients.
- Best in Class Benefits - Matching 401k, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Long Term/Short Term Disability (once full-time employee)
- Profit-Sharing - Everyone is aligned, and we share the profits with the team (once full-time employee)
- Phantom Stock Program (once full-time employee)
- Unlimited Vacation and PTO - Yes, you read that right! (once full-time employee)
- Travel Perks - 2 free weeks of lodging per year anywhere in the world with our luxury accommodations partner - do we have your attention yet?
- Daylighting/Pet projects – take 10% of your time to work on any pet projects, philanthropy, or continuing education
- 100% Remote Workforce - work anywhere you want… a yurt in Yosemite, a tiny house in Nashville… as long as you have a stable internet connection, you’re set! (*US-based only)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program - Spinning classes, Pilates, yoga, rock climbing, or just a plain-old normal gym
A Note From Our CEO:
Thanks so much for taking the time to read our listing. We are currently in a growth phase with big goals for rapid expansion. It’s vital that we find the right person to be our Data Analyst. If you’ve read our company story, the responsibilities, and the success criteria and think you’d be a good match, we’d love to meet with you. Please hit the apply now button and send us your cover letter and resume. We can’t wait to meet you and learn more about you!