Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but we also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099, team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
Our team at Patriot Family Homes is seeking the right candidate to become our Vice President of Operations. As the VP of Operations, we will rely on you to be an effective and inspiring hospitality leader capable of managing and motivating a diverse team in a remote work environment.
Our company presently has 45 employees that manage a portfolio of close to 400 short-term rentals. We are nearing the end of a capital raise that should allow us to buy an additional 1,000 homes over the next two years. We expect this will necessitate hiring another 100 employees over that time frame. This expansion will make us the largest owner-operated chain of short-term rentals in the nation, with plans to expand to 25,000 homes globally over the next decade.
This growth requires hiring a Vice President of Operations to lead our maintenance, housekeeping, and other field operations nationally across all markets. As the the successful candidate for this role, you will report directly to the COO with the responsibility of overseeing and managing Regional Directors, Maintenance and Housekeeping Departmental leads, and
Field Operations Managers.
Success will require you to possess a pragmatic approach to decision-making and maintain guest satisfaction in a budget category of short-term rentals catering to working, middle-class travelers, and professionals and luxury rentals that cater to a wealthy clientele.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of all our operational departments.
- Recruit and train corporate, regional, and local staff in the hospitality industry.
- Effectively communicate with executive leaders, investors, front-line maintenance and housekeeping employees, and contractors.
- Establish and administer department budgets.
- Build ground-up systems required to run scaled hospitality and residential real estate enterprises efficiently.
- Manage maintenance, housekeeping, laundry, lawn care, pest control, and other hospitality and property management departments at scale.
- Create, implement and maintain company policies and protocols.
- Negotiate local and national contracts with hospitality and property management vendors.
- Previous management experience and knowledge of all vacation rentals departments such as maintenance, laundry, and housekeeping.
- Experience managing a scaled portfolio of 1000+ properties across multiple states.
- Possess effective negotiation skills and a competitive drive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience recruiting, training, and supporting team members.
- Able to build rapport and work collaboratively with third-party vendors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, and other related software.
- Living in the Southeast portion of the U.S. is required. Living in proximity to Chatanooga, TN, is preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Competitive Salary with Bonuses
Bonus Details: Bonus based on company and individual performance metrics.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Relocation assistance to Chattanooga, TN.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Commuting/travel assistance