Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism (GSOB) is dedicated to providing travelers with everything they need to plan their perfect getaway along Alabama's Gulf Coast.
Our mission is to promote the beauty of our beaches and culture through sustainable tourism that enhances the lives of locals while creating lifelong memories for our visitors. With GSOB's long history of success and sizable operational budget, a job at GSOB is highly sought after.
In addition to offering amazing attractions and experiences, the region is also a beautiful place to live with a welcoming community, breathtaking beaches, activities, and restaurants that promote a healthy work-life balance.
Having the opportunity to live, work, and represent this destination truly is a privilege.
If you are a visionary leader who is ready to take on the challenge of elevating a regional tourism destination, then this is your chance to step into a rewarding role as our new Vice President of Marketing.
In this position, your essential functions will include supervising a marketing team, setting goals, managing research initiatives and campaigns, measuring key performance indicators, and overseeing the budget. Additionally, you will mentor and provide resources to internal teams in order to ensure they are providing excellent customer service to area guests and industry partners.
Your leadership and vision will be essential to elevate our regional tourism destination and propel it into success. If you’re ready for the challenge, we look forward to your application.
- Define the marketing goals using input from the Board of Directors and the President/CEO, and oversee the development of a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Identify, implement, and evaluate market research programs using the Communications Department and outside vendors to evaluate (Convention & Visitors Bureau) CVB marketing efforts and keep abreast of local, regional, and national marketing trends.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the area and regional Industry Partners as well as local, state, and regional Destination Marketing agencies to foster good communications and maximize the opportunities for cooperative marketing programs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the CVB emergency communication plan.
- Develop and assist programming objectives and work strategies for the Communications department, advertising agencies, digital marketing agencies, PR firms, market research firms, and research programming for the CVB.
- Hire and oversee the management and research programs of the CVB's research firms.
- Develop, administer, monitor, and coordinate marketing budgets for leisure, meetings, sports, and event markets.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations, or Business Administration.
- 10 years of experience in destination marketing or other related marketing, sales, operations, or high-level leadership in fields such as travel, short-term rental space, hotel, attraction, or special event marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven motivator of people and manager of projects toward specific goals
- Experience in public and media relations; print and digital advertising; social media, email strategies, advertising research, and public speaking
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $150,000 - $190,000 OTE
Bonus: Up to 7% of gross salary based on destination performance
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Regular work hours plus the flexibility to fulfill responsibilities on evenings and weekends. Some travel is required.