Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Southwest.
We currently have 75 employees that manage a portfolio of ~500 short-term rentals. We are acquiring 1,000 additional homes over the next two years. This will make us the largest owner-operated chain of short-term rentals in the nation, and we have plans to expand further to 25,000 homes globally over the next decade.
In this hybrid role, your overall responsibility will be dedicated to the success of the properties assigned to you. We want you to think and act like a traditional Airbnb “core host” managing a small portfolio of their properties. You will help us reclaim the sense of ownership, authentic hospitality, and holistic view of individual properties that we had when we were a smaller company. At this smaller size, our teammates had a broader range of responsibilities (revenue, reservations, occupancy, guest engagement, cleanliness, review scores, etc.) but were only assigned a smaller portfolio of homes.
As Property Host, you will be charged with ensuring our properties are optimized on the OTAs while working with the local operations teammates to ensure the house lives up to guest expectations when they arrive. As the guest’s point of contact during their stay, you will be available to resolve issues and communicate with empathy. This position will team with revenue management and local ground operations to ensure the guest and property are handled carefully. A successful host will work to give a great experience to the guest from beginning to end and be a teammate to your pod of three with creative problem-solving, exceptional communication, and an accountable mindset!
You will become intimately familiar with your properties, the guests who stay in them, and your other colleagues who help host them. We want you to invest in these properties, guests, and “family members” and take ownership of what you and your teammates can create.
This is a part-time role to start with the opportunity for growth within our company! Flexibility to be available Thursday and Friday evenings and Saturday through Monday is a must.
- Become the expert and advocate for the success of your dedicated properties.
- Proactively ensure vacant properties and gap nights are booked by communicating with guests and incoming inquiries.
- Reach out to all guests before, during, and after their stay through a mix of calling, text, email, platform message, or in-person to ensure a smooth check-in, stay, and check-out.
- Resolve any guest issues that arise with empathy and urgency.
- Collaborate with your Revenue Manager to evaluate guest-facing pricing on all OTA platforms to ensure accuracy. This includes the base rate, length of stay discount, and fees.
- Evaluate listing titles, descriptions & photos to make recommendations on how to optimize and attract guests.
- Support the Sales Department by establishing relationships with local businesses and past guests through direct outreach.
- Review and flag “At Risk” properties in Guesty and collaborate with the ground team to develop solutions to increase occupancy, RevPAR, and Guest Satisfaction.
- Monitor Slack for your assigned market and help resolve issues by coordinating with market teams and vendors.
- Check cleaning inspection photos and help resolve concerns before guest arrival.
- Deep understanding of the expectations of guests renting short-term rentals and the challenges of maintaining short-term rentals to meet these expectations.
- Ability to show empathy and adept at creating meaningful relationships quickly and remotely.
- Passionate about creating memorable guest experiences and strong familial bonds with local market staff.
- Aptitude for reviewing multiple data sources to identify trends and develop inferences.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: Up to $18.00 / hr
Schedule: This is a part-time role to start with the opportunity for growth within our company! Flexibility to be available Thursday and Friday evenings and Saturday through Monday is a must.