Homes & Villas by Marriott International is a global home rental offering launched in 2019 by Marriott International with a vision to bring Marriott’s 90+ years of hospitality expertise to the home rental market. With a focus only on the premium and luxury tier of rental homes, Marriott works with select professional home management companies to ensure that every home listed can be serviced at a standard expected of Marriott International.
Marriott International, Inc. is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 8,100 properties in 30 leading hotel brands spanning 139 countries and territories. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels, and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
The Director of Business Development, US & Canada, Homes and Villas works with the Vice President, Development & Account Management, US & Canada by Homes and Villas Marriott International (HVMI) to help build and execute the HVMI business by identifying, vetting, and performing due diligence on professional Home Management Companies (HMCs) for HVMI to add new homes to our platform.
The role will oversee a team of Business Development managers who focus on various territories in the US and Canada. In addition to leading the team of business developers, the role will collaborate with the multidisciplinary teams to review, approve, and finalize contract materials with Home Management Companies (HMCs) and bring their homes live onto our platform.
Success in the position demands a driving focus on onboarding and sustaining Home Management Companies for HVMI; leading to the creation of shareholder value and earnings, as well as championing new business opportunities in support of building brand equity and driving customer preference.
- Identify, initiate, and analyze potential partnerships and new markets to expand Marriott Homes & Villas in the US and Canada.
- Lead all aspects of the development process internal to Marriott International, including partner due diligence, market management, and technical services representatives,
- Lead negotiations of partnership agreements with owner/owner's representatives.
- As required, attend public hearings and meetings with regulatory agency officials to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Create and manage processes for the continent team to manage the growing portfolio of Homes and Villas.
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Incorporate customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in sales, marketing, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Expert project management and organizational skills with a service mindset.
- Experience working in a start-up-like environment.
- Proven track record of solving problems and getting to solutions quickly.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; and proven record of managing multiple priorities and stakeholders as well as excellent time management skills.
- Experience making assumptions to get to hypotheses.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to evaluate property management companies, participate in industry leadership events, and evaluate market opportunities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $130,000 - $150,000
Bonus Details: 15% Target and 30% Maximum
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules