This role is an amazing opportunity to become a partner in a thriving CPA firm in West Palm Beach.
The role requires an accounting and tax expert to oversee the accurate preparation and filing of our client's financial statements. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the accounting and bookkeeping team to greater performance, creates and implements accounting and bookkeeping plans, and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. Accounting manager responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information. We are also looking for someone to work closely with our financial management team. The Accounting Manager will also be expected to supervise, track and evaluate the day-to-day activities of the accounting and bookkeeping team.
The manager will ensure accuracy through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. The ideal candidate is single-minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the bookkeeping and accounting team.
Responsibilities for Accounting Manager
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Successfully close the month and year-end financial statements for clients
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Provide recommendations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company accounting procedures.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the bookkeeping and accounting processes.
- Proven working experience as an Accounting Manager or Accounting Supervisor
- Advanced computer skills on QuickBooks, MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience with a variety of business operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a public accountant or bookkeeping role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline.
The Accounting Manager must be proficient with the following software/tools:
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks.
Compensation: $80,000 to $100,000 based on experience.
A fast-track opportunity to become a partner in the firm.