ROOTS Academy: Front Desk Receptionist
Step into a rewarding role at a top-rated performing arts academy that is changing lives and the world around it.
Position: Front Desk Receptionist
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
Who We Are
Voted a top music and dance program since 2013, this is not just another studio. At ROOTS Academy, our mission is to develop musicians and dancers through leadership that inspires, serves, and challenges everyone to give their best. This energy and drive have seen us grow from 165 students to 1,000+, with an average growth rate of 36% year after year.
Team members at ROOTS Academy are on the ground floor of impacting lives and inspiring creativity that will have a lasting impact on our community.
We operate with the following Leading Values:
- Mindset Matters: We believe a healthy mindset affects how we show up in and outside the studio.
- Excellence Matters: We believe excellence comes when defining and preparing for success is matched with discipline and passion.
- People Matter: We believe all people deserve a safe, creative and respectful environment.
Here’s what one of our student's parents has to say about her experience at ROOTS:
At ROOTS, there is just as much emphasis on growing caring, responsible kids with integrity as there is on developing amazing students. ROOTS has it all…great leadership, mentors, office staff, and students! We have been to several other studios, and nowhere compares to ROOTS!
~ Ellie Dowling
Role as Front Desk Receptionist
As Front Desk Receptionist, you will play a significant role in helping us fulfill our mission to empower students to reach their full potential. You will be cast as the leading role in creating positive first impressions through your willingness to welcome, serve and interact with students and parents. Whether you are managing administration duties or taking center stage with our clients, you will be responsible for ensuring that each person that walks onto campus experiences a safe place for creativity and finding their “voice.”
First Impression Experience Management:
- Warmly welcoming guests and students as the first person they see when they walk into our buildings
- Ensuring that new students are provided with an outstanding experience by following first-time welcome procedures, distributing trial folders and student binders
- Making mentor/student introductions
- Following up with trial families regarding their enrollment before their visit is over
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in all common areas (lobbies & restrooms) throughout the day.
- Working alongside the marketing manager to ensure that all promotional materials are kept current and up to date (i.e. TV slides, chalkboards, student/mentor photo walls, informational, promotional signage, etc.)
- Performing all daily opening and closing duties
- Brainstorming and working with the Operations Manager to implement new ideas to keep our first impression experience top-notch and current
New Music Account Coordination:
- Assisting the Music Operations Manager in the process of communicating with and setting up accounts for all leads, trials and enrollments
- Assistance in coordinating schedules for all new students
- Tracking all information & updates in appropriate systems
- Supporting the Operations Manager with ongoing scheduling for newly enrolled students
- Keeping meticulous notes and tracking data of new customer experiences and conversion rates.
Customer Communication Support:
- Answering questions or redirecting calls as necessary as the primary phone contact.
- Keeping all client portals and communications between staff consistent and up to date. (i.e. complaints, requests, actions that need to be taken, etc.)
- Managing the distribution and receipt of all paper and digital forms.
- Ensuring marketing signage is displayed correctly.
- Taking on the primary responsibility for student scheduling, including cancellations, “no-shows,” follow-ups, make-up classes, etc.
Event Coordination & Progam Development Support
- Providing support in planning and executing music program events, including staff meetings, training, bi-annual music showcases, and other exciting music performances like coffee-house nights.
- Providing support in implementing new programs to enhance our culture, experience, and overall success of the music department.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Positive Attitude: this will be crucial to succeed in this role
- Growth Mindset: a willingness to learn and commitment to self-improvement through hard work and input from others.
- Problem Solving Skills: the ability to identify and resolve issues professionally, use reason when dealing with emotional situations, use innovation when met with a challenge, and the ability to create alternate solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills: communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively. Able to actively listen, collaborate and compromise.
- Teamwork: be able to balance team and individual responsibilities. You must exhibit a commitment to hearing out team members and customers and possess a dedication to supporting them to promote a positive and productive environment.
- Leadership: must demonstrate confidence in yourself and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well and behave with respect and trust
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail: constantly striving to improve customer and guest experience and thoroughness in all administrative tasks.
- Time Management: awareness of what is a priority throughout your day and situations that arise around you to expertly manage your time and effectiveness while continuing to serve your team and customers well.
- Professionalism: tactfully approach others, deal well under pressure, accept responsibility for actions and always behave with integrity.
- Previous Experience: customer service experience is preferred as well as computer literacy and proficiency with web-based software
*Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the academy
Benefits & Compensation
We’ve put together an exciting benefit and compensation package because we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- A gorgeous campus to work on in the heart of Cool Springs
- Snacks and coffee made available
- Flexible work schedules
- Discounted classes for music and dance instruction for immediate family.
- $16/ hr with a sign-on bonus of $250 after six months of employment
If this position resonates with you, and you believe you have what it takes to be a star in the supporting administrative roles and provide first-class customer experiences, we’d love to meet you.