White Sands Hospitality is proud to represent the most iconic food and beverage destinations on the Forgotten Coast. Our family includes the famous Owl Café, Tap Room, and Franklin Café at the Gibson Inn in Apalachicola, Longbills, and the Cape Smokehouse on Cape San Blas, and multiple new concepts opening over the next few years.
Immediate management positions are available at all locations, with a focus on growth and maintaining our values. As a genuine luxury brand focused on our residents and guests, we have built a reputation over the years as a brand that cares about the community, leading to our growth and remarkable success.
At WSH, we…
- Believe the best vacations are in strong local communities
- Take pride in historic preservation.
- Strive to foster positive, long-lasting social and environmental impact.
- Aim to create growth and opportunity for our team.
- Believe that hospitality comes alive through team members who deliver exceptional guest experiences.
- Provide first-class services and amenities across all our brands
- Are loyal brand stewards and the best at what we do.
- Measure success on the happiness of our guests, team, and the community in which we serve.
As our Shift Manager, you will hold the vital role of ensuring our tradition of excellence continues.
In this role, you will be the captain of our team, responsible for hiring and training staff, maintaining safety and food quality standards, and ensuring our guests are always delighted. This position will be ideal if you have excellent leadership capabilities, at least one year of restaurant management experience, and know how to rally a team to ensure everything operates seamlessly.
But why is this a fantastic job in the restaurant industry?
It's simple: you're not just managing a restaurant but influencing an experience. Whether it's our regulars who have made Owl Cafe a part of their life or visitors eager to explore our upscale local menu, the part you play will ensure everyone leaves with a smile.
- Supervising and coordinating front and back-of-house restaurant operations.
- Interact with guests to get feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Keeping customers happy and handling complaints, and providing a positive, professional customer experience.
- Ensuring compliance with safety and food quality standards.
- Controlling operational costs and identifying ways to cut waste.
- Ensuring all end-of-day cashouts are correctly completed.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising staff to ensure efficient & successful operations.
- Organizing schedules, keeping track of employees’ hours, and recording payroll data.
- Order food, linens, gloves, and other supplies while within budget limitations.
- Interacting with guests.
- At least one year of restaurant management experience is required.
- Able to work independently and motivate others.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Weekend availability and flexibility to work varying shifts.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $17.00 / hr
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Exclusive employee perks across the White Sands Hospitality family of brands