Sextant Stays is a next-generation, VC-backed hospitality company utilizing technology to provide meaningful accommodations for leisure travelers in urban destinations across the U.S. Sextant provides customized, full-building residences that provide operational and guest experience advantages.
Sextant’s platform allows real estate owners to unlock significant value by repositioning traditional multifamily properties into hospitality assets through increasing revenue and decreasing operating expenses.
Sextant recently closed its Series A, so this role presents a great opportunity to be an early-stage, high-value contributor instrumental in the company’s trajectory from Series A toward Series B rounds.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Operations Manager will be through superb fieldwork, which includes (but is not limited to): Coordinate & Manage the day-to-day operations for multiple properties within the city. This position will be supported by an Operations team of direct reports: Director of Housekeeping, Director of Maintenance, and Asst. City Manager. The Senior Operations Manager's performance will be based on their ability to complete tasks efficiently and without supervision, problem-solve independently, prioritize tasks, implement processes, and communicate effectively.
- Be responsible for multi-unit management (100+ units) within the NOLA area, focusing on delivering a high level of guest service.
- Hire, train, mentor, and track the progress of the Operations team.
- Communicate and work with building owners and property managers to ensure they are satisfied with the operations and that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor costs to ensure spending is within budget guidelines and target KPIs.
- Inspect properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained, and evaluate maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency.
- Ensure their teams are performing at the highest standards with a focus on guest scores and feedback.
- Lead by example and establish a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Collaborate with the Head of Operations to implement effective, efficient processes and procedures.
- Manage all city housekeeping, maintenance, and inventory control operations, ensuring a consistent result.
- Work closely with the Logistics Department when new properties are added in their respective city to ensure all operational items are addressed prior to guest arrival.
- Any additional tasks as assigned by Senior Leadership.
- At least 5+ years of leadership experience in the field of Hospitality. Previous Hotel or STR leadership strongly preferred.
- Familiar with Housekeeping, Guest Services and daily maintenance operations.
- Ability to speak/read/understand Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Flexible schedule availability is required.
- Organized, hardworking, ownership mentality and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking.com, AirBnb, Trip Advisor, etc.
- High energy, bubbly personality, and customer service attitude.
- Local restaurants and "things to do" knowledge of the city.
- Strong leader that is a self-starter requiring little to no supervision.
- Ability to deal with difficult guests, solving guest problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to address and resolve associate issues/conflict, including counseling, addressing behaviors, terminations, etc.
- An ability to interact professionally and responsibly with guests, management and vendors.
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication (experience with Slack, Google Suite).
- Flexible schedule and is open to working evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Use of a personal vehicle, valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, and proof of insurance is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs