For over 20 years, Barefoot Technologies has provided an innovative software system to professionally managed vacation and holiday rental agencies. We provide our clients with the most reliable and capable trust accounting solution in the industry. We help our clients become vacation experience providers, not just vacation rental companies, by using our modular and configurable software tool.
Barefoot provides a well-documented API. We proudly support one of the largest and most diverse partner programs. We open our system to a wide variety of industry-leading rental and property management solutions. We pride ourselves on the ability to quickly develop partnerships using our API, making our system adaptable to our clients’ needs.
Our partnerships span from vacation rental listings, property management, pricing, concierge services, website integrations, data management, and more. Leading integration partners include VRBO HomeAway, Airbnb, VacayHome Connect, and dozens of other vacation industry service providers.
We are in Henniker, New Hampshire, and staffed with remote employees throughout the USA. We deliver state-of-the-industry SaaS applications to clients nationwide. We enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy work environment. Barefoot thrives on the personalities and diversity of our staff. If you are driven by hard work and success, we want you to be part of our team.
We are looking for an experienced .NET Web API Developer to join our company and build functional applications and websites. If you’re equally happy to roll up your sleeves to write code and review other team members’ work, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll use your expertise in the .NET framework to help us deploy high-quality applications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in cloud-deployed enterprise software, a consultative approach, and a passion for process improvement. We also value candidates with critical thinking skills, fluency in English (written/spoken), and the potential to evolve into strategic leaders in the organization.
- Responsible for the Solution Architecture for the API platform and API on-boarding
- Design and implement APIs and maintain their lifecycle, including version control & change management, documentation, etc.
- Design, implement and maintain the API Management platform
- Implement requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request, and response modifications, etc.
- Conduct code reviews and coach developers.
- Ensure proper approach to traffic control and API security
- Standardize the CI/CD setup for API management tools and automated deployment.
- Maintain the SLA, health, and well-being of the API platform infrastructure.
- Automation of API testing
- Analyze system requirements and prioritize tasks
- Web app development and deployment, customer sandbox, user documentation, and user onboarding experience
- Writing clean, testable code using .NET programming languages
- Developing technical specifications and architecture
- Participate in the entire software development life cycle, debugging applications and configuring existing systems
- Participate in partner and client meetings working, collaborating with our product managers and development team
- Test and debug various .NET applications
- Document development and operational procedures
- Working with Partners and 3rd parties to expand our Vacation Rental Management platform
- 5+ years experience as a .NET Developer
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (like C# and Visual Basic . NET)
- Core concepts: HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, versioning, breaking changes, backward compatibility, REST, RPC
- Data: SQL Server, XML, SOAP, JSON
- Tools: GitHub, Jira, Visual Studio
- Proficiency in building web-based applications
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and debug code
- Ability to establish and uphold code standards and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills; communication, teamwork, influencing, conflict resolution, problem-solving, decision-making
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate our teams across multiple time zones
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Some Travel Required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $100,000
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote
- 401K and HSA