Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
Patriot Family Homes is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who is driven, has a deep sense of pride in what they do, and values transparency and accuracy.
Areas of responsibility for this position will be:
- Accounting for our day-to-day operations
- Analyzing monthly financial data and providing reports
- Implementing, maintaining, and monitoring our internal accounting framework
- Interacting with third-party vendors pertaining to our finances
As our Accountant, it will be imperative that you conduct yourself with a high degree of professionalism and expertise. We’ll look to you to ensure our books are always up to date and we can always access current information on our financial standings.
If you possess the qualifications we require and you’re excited about the prospect of joining a team of high-performing professionals with a ton of Southern hospitality, we’d love to hear from you.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Analyze financial statements every month and report on variances.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recording of journal entries and the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with all general accounting functions across the portfolio of companies.
- Prepare various financial reports to meet internal and external financial reporting requirements, including standard financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, cash flow),
- Portfolio performance, and cash-on-cash return, among others.
- Monitor various accounting transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash receipts, among others.
- Monitor outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable and associated aging of those accounts
- Assist with the annual audit process and other regulatory examinations/reviews as necessary.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining an adequate internal control framework.
- Assist with establishing accounting policies and procedures.
- Interact with lenders, auditors, and other third parties regarding finance functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience or equivalent work experience.
- Administrative skills
- Work well alone and in a group setting
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Able to navigate CRM software and web-based bookkeeping software
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $85,000
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs