Brittain Resorts and Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE… We love what we do! As leaders in the South Carolina hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of talented individuals focused on creating lasting memories.
As a Senior Accountant at Brittain Resorts and Hotels, you will use your extensive hospitality and corporate accounting experience to manage finances for multiple revenue streams, including our corporate entities, our portfolio of hotels and resorts, and our stand-alone restaurants, cafés, and bars.
Our ideal candidate has corporate accounting experience in the property management or condo-hotel industry with the ability to perform complex functions accurately and prioritize tasks to manage and meet critical business deadlines. This position requires a strong proficiency in technology, the ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently, and exceptional attention to detail to multi-task and manage multiple corporate entities simultaneously and successfully.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Create and post journal entries and perform reconciliations, including balance sheets, sales and use tax, and bank reconciliations.
- Generate, review, and distribute monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Initiate and/or approve banking transfers, and monitor banking activities for exceptions and account block notifications.
- Review property Accounts Payable batches for accuracy.
- Provide guidance to property accountants on all accounting requirements and to property personnel on compliance with Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Manage Help Desk requests for certain IT user access rights.
- Perform occasional property visits for training, research, audit, or other purposes.
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable for some business units.
- Manage medical funding account, including bill payment and reconciliation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Controller or CFO.
- Previous hospitality accounting experience is required.
- Familiarity with different revenue streams that need to be reconciled, such as F&B, Rooms,
Rental Management Fees, etc., are a must.
- Experience with accounting duties for 22+ entities is preferred.
- Experience with GL and balance sheet reconciliations is required.
- Experience with month-end and year-end closings is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Must be able to perform more complex functions than basic sums/divides/averages, such as V/H/X Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Experience with accounting software (other than Quickbooks) required.
- Preferred experience with any of the following: Accumatica, Datavision, ProfitSword, M3, and Microsoft Access & Dynamics
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Up to $60,000
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance for the right applicant.