“Love what you do, and you’ll never work a day in your life.”
This sentiment is never truer than when you work at Margaritaville. What began as a single restaurant and retail shop in stunning Key West has now become a global brand beloved and easily recognized for the carefree spirit of our founder, Jimmy Buffett.
Guests worldwide count on us for our exceptional service, tropical vibes, and undeniable good times whenever they stay at one of the many Margaritaville properties. Now they’ll have another exciting option - a tropical paradise in Panama City Beach. Sprawling over 13 acres on nearly 600 feet of gorgeous beachfront in Panama City Beach, the new Margaritaville Beach Cottage Resort is currently under construction and getting ready for the 2023 season. We are building 120 custom vacation homes with multiple food and beverage venues, a clubhouse with upscale amenities, an outdoor resort pool, and direct beach access to transport guests and owners into the Margaritaville state of mind.
If you think visiting Margaritaville is fun, just wait until you work here.
Trade in the mundane for the extraordinary at Margaritaville!
As our Resort Pool Technician, you'll be a vital part of the Margaritaville family, ensuring our Oasis resort pool, shimmering lazy river, residential pools, and spas are always in pristine condition. With brand-new, state-of-the-art equipment at your disposal, your precise, dependable work will set the stage for the unforgettable experiences our guests come here to find.
A typical day in this role will start bright and early to test the resort pools and ensure they’re ready to receive guests for their morning swim. You’ll then move on to testing residential pools and spas nestled into our vacation cottages and answer any maintenance calls along the way as our go-to person to keep things flowing.
But this role is about more than just maintaining pools - it's about maintaining the Margaritaville lifestyle. When you join our team, you won't just find a job; you'll find a way of life that celebrates enjoyment, teamwork, and the satisfaction that comes from a job well done. Our commitment to excellent customer service begins with our team, and we believe in creating a work environment that's as fun and supportive as the experiences we offer our guests.
Apply to join the Margaritaville Team today!
- Maintain cleanliness of pools and ensure preventive maintenance schedule is completed in accordance with Director of Engineering & Maintenance guidelines.
- Ensure pool chemistry is maintained in accordance with the local bather code.
- Backwash residential pools when needed.
- Maintain inventory controls of pool chemicals and testing chemicals.
- Diagnose and repair chemical probes, chemical feeders and controllers.
- Ensure pools are tested and logged in accordance with our Resort Director of Engineering and Maintenance.
- Maintain records and documentation.
- Assist our Resort Guests and Owners as needed.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- Certified Pool Technician or equivalent preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to learn our maintenance app
- Proficient in English
- Ability to perform the essential job functions safely and successfully.
- Ability to withstand a variety of outdoor environmental conditions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $17.00 - $22.50 based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
- Able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.