Moving Mountains: Reservations Specialist
Step into a dream role curating memorable vacations in exceptional mountain homes
Location: Breckenridge, CO (Multiple Locations)
In 2021, Moving Mountains received an honorable mention of being in the top 50 - 100 places to work in the USA as determined by the “Outside Magazine Best Places to Work” Employees Survey.
Moving Mountains is a family-owned and locally operated company, established in 1997. Since then, we have carved out a niche for high-touch memorable vacation experiences in exceptional mountain homes. We can directly attribute our success to building our brand around pillars of trust, integrity, and outstanding guest experiences. Because of our commitment to these core values, our portfolio has grown to almost 200 remarkable properties in the Colorado mountain destinations of Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, and now Breckenridge. This responsibility and growth have positioned us as market leaders in the luxury vacation property management space.
As we continue to grow, we are actively seeking opportunities for expansion in other areas of North America, building on our years of expertise and success. Our achievement and growth have resulted in a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging day-to-day workflow. Combined with our founders' creative and unconventional style, Robin and Heather Craigen, Moving Mountains has cultivated a rewarding corporate culture that continues to drive the company forward and offers fulfilling career opportunities for team members.
As our Reservations Specialist, you will operate in a dual role. Your first role will be primarily supporting the Reservations Team, which has seasonal fluctuations in workload. You will also serve a secondary role within our Guest Services department, providing 5-star customer service to guests who have already made their lodging reservations.
To be successful in this role, you will require a unique set of skills. The right candidate will need to have local knowledge of Steamboat Springs, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge, or experience with other similar mountain and ski resorts with a passion for learning as much as you can about the area.
To achieve the level of service our company and our guests expect, you will need to be highly detail-oriented, particularly when arranging logistics and coordinating individual group activities. This high degree of attention to detail is necessary to ensure that everything from booking to check-out runs smoothly. The successful candidate will take great pride in thinking through our client's needs and requests and supersede their expectations. Your strong work ethic, ability to work as a team, on your own, and demonstrate flexibility when engaging with all different types of personalities will be the driving factors of your success in this role.
- Assist with lodging reservations and requests at all Moving Mountains property locations, including email quotes, phone sales, follow-up, chats, texts, and inquiries from travel and wholesale agents.
- Assessing guests' needs, problem-solving, booking new reservations, troubleshooting, following Operations Team protocols, and handling potentially escalated situations.
- Demonstrating a passion for creating memorable vacations in exceptional mountain homes with phenomenal customer service
- Meet sales targets for reservations, travel insurance, and guest activities
- Performing administrative duties by accurately documenting all guest communications and any other administrative tasks as assigned by the management
- Willingness and demonstrated flexibility to adjust as new systems are implemented
- Communicate and arrange summer and winter activities for all locations.
- High school education, GED or 1-3 months of related experience/training or an equivalent combination of both
- 2 or more years of customer service or sales work experience, or an equivalent combination of both
- Computer literate with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Salesforce Plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to type at a speed of 60 words per minute at minimum
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously or with a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record and maintain a clean driving record
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We’ve put together an exciting compensation, commissions, bonus, and benefits package for the right candidate because we believe our team members are our greatest asset.
Hourly Rate: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
Bonus: Moving Mountains offers a bonus plan based on overall performance, as well as monthly and quarterly cash incentives for targets met - worth a minimum of $10,000. The commission is based on reservation types made, insurance policies sold, quarterly guest arrivals, and guest service activities booked.
** There is no maximum to the bonus or commissions awarded
- Retirement account matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8-hour shifts including weekends and holidays as needed
Apply now if you love working with the public in one of the most beautiful vacation destinations in the world have a great work ethic and a positive attitude.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moving Mountains is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.