We are a new and growing vacation rental management company that manages 60 vacation rental homes on the Texas Gulf Coast, primarily in Galveston, Surfside Beach, and Kemah. Our company values hard work, creativity, and having fun in a job that puts a smile on people’s faces and creating lasting memories for our guests. We believe that there is always a better way to do things and don’t just do the things “the way they’ve always been done”. We strive to be the best vacation rental company on the Texas Gulf Coast and to be the go-to host for those seeking a relaxing beach vacation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage all guest communications from pre-booking inquiries through guest checkout
- Fill calendar gaps
- Identify any reservation overlaps
- Supervise messaging staff; messaging team likely to be remote
- Manage the reservations calendar
- Manage property listing descriptions
- Manage and improve the check-in process
- Field phone calls from potential guests and assists them through the booking process
- Field phone calls from current guests and route to team members as needed
- Always looking for ways to improve processes to save time and money
Requirements – Tools
- Microsoft Office products
- VRBO/Airbnb booking platforms
- Laptop/cell phone
- High-Speed WIFI
Requirements – Skills
- Has prior experience working in the travel/vacation rental industry
- People person – enjoys talking to people, incredibly friendly and likeable, “salesman” type personality
- Has prior experience managing people
- Strong leadership skills, able to give constructive feedback and train staff
- Able to problem solve and think critically to resolve issues; always thinking “is there a better way to do this?”
- Able to handle conflict and contentious situations or difficult guests
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organization skills and task-oriented
- Must be comfortable and excel with technology
Requirements – Location/Availability
- Ability to work from home but you will need to live (driving distance) close enough to Galveston, TX to come into the office as needed and regularly during the busy season.
- This is a hospitality position, and will require handling calls at all reasonable hours and working over the weekend, not a 9-5 position Monday-Friday – need someone with a flexible lifestyle.
- Will require a lot of hours and commitment during the busy season (May-August) with flexibility during the off-season
- $50,000 - $60,000 annually salary based on experience- No health benefits at this time.