Blue Maple is a vacation rental investment firm and modern property management company located in West Virginia and Virginia. As we move towards our 10-year goal of welcoming 2 million guests across 1,000 properties, we are adding three to five new "drive-to" cabins and cottages to our portfolio of 60 vacation rental getaways each month.
Unlike other investment and property management firms, our business model involves raising investment funds to acquire and operate all of our properties, providing a reliable and stable experience for investors and guests, leading to satisfied clients and employees.
In addition to offering the opportunity to work on exciting real estate projects in the vacation rental space, we are committed to providing our employees with the supportive work culture needed to succeed in their roles and achieve their career goals.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Marketing to join our team and help us develop a strong marketing strategy to grow our guest base and drive more direct bookings from our website. With over 4,000 5-star reviews and countless repeat guests, this is the perfect opportunity to help lead the expansion of a high-growth company.
As our Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for creating a comprehensive marketing plan that includes innovative campaigns and content that will help elevate our brand and reach new audiences. You should have an understanding of the hospitality industry, as well as experience in developing marketing strategies spanning multiple channels.
You will also be expected to develop partnerships and establish collaborations to magnify brand awareness, to lead initiatives that enhance customer loyalty, increase web traffic, and boost our online presence. If you have the entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenge of helping a young company thrive in a competitive market, then this is the role for you!
Our team is looking forward to reviewing your application!
- Design the overall marketing strategy for the business, including content marketing, email marketing, social, partnership, and paid channels
- Write high-quality content to be distributed on both our own and third-party channels
- Build and iterate our email marketing campaigns to maximize engagement and booking conversion
- Engage in the communities (digital and potentially in-person) in which our guests spend time
- Experiment with paid marketing channels (search, social, local media, physical mail) to identify any potential channels with strong ROAS
- Partner with other vendors in our top markets to co-market our services and build unique guest experiences
- 7+ years of digital marketing experience, including content and email marketing
- Vacation rental or hospitality experience a plus
- Comfortable operating in a small team, designing & executing on initiatives with minimal oversight
- You’re energized by writing fun, creative content that people love Detail-oriented - you live by project plans!
- You have an eye for great design and can work with designers to help craft beautiful experiences (online and in our cabins)
- You like spreadsheets, running experiments, and making decisions based on data
- You love working with people -- and they love you!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We’ve put together an exciting benefit and compensation package for you because we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- Health and dental insurance (90% employer-paid)
- Vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation / PTO
- 401k retirement plan
- Company retreats 2-3x per year
- EOY bonus based on company & individual performance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spendings or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Employee recognition programs
This is a remote role and will require you to be a self-starter, able to make online meetings as scheduled, and work closely as a critical member of our small, experienced team as well as our operations managers and analysts.
Annual Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Bonus: EOY bonus based on company & individual performance