Based in Destin, Florida, Xplorie, LLC (“Xplorie”) is the leading provider of guest experience solutions to the lodging industry. Partnering with the best local tours and attractions in many of the most popular U.S. vacation destinations, Xplorie tech-enabled services assist lodging providers with reducing overhead while simultaneously leveraging local activities and attractions to differentiate their properties and drive increased revenue. Since 1996, Xplorie has delivered turn-key solutions, such as launching its voice-based virtual concierge in 2020, to deliver memories that will last a lifetime.
We are committed to surrounding ourselves with the kind of people who possess our core values so that ultimately, we can all look back with pride on both the great company we have built and the quality of people that we have had the pleasure of working with. Xplorie employees embody the following core values, or as we like to call them: The X-Factors.
Relentlessly Resourceful – We are scrappy and celebrate our ability to find the best way to get it done and move on to the next thing.
Win as One – We are a team. We collaborate. When there’s a win, it’s a win for all.
Give – Get – It’s the Xplorie Rule. Treat others as they would wish to be treated, give what you would want to get. Do the right thing!
Own It – Whatever it is, take it to the finish line with pride and determination. We trust our team to act like an owner with their work, and in doing so have the autonomy and purpose to see it through.
Enjoy the Journey – There will be bumps in the road and maybe a wrong turn here or there, but we know that, we love it, and we enjoy every step of the journey!
Xplorie is seeking a Regional VP of Sales, located in the Southeastern region of the United States. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the ideal candidate will be a highly competitive leader in the vacation rental industry with past sales management experience. S/he will be driven, personable, well-spoken, organized, and able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Development and implementation of a regional sales strategy that incorporates both further development of existing markets and expansion into new markets
- Implement regional sales program by developing field sales action plans, including the establishment of territory sales objectives and goals
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching, training, and development of Destination Managers and Activity Specialists within your region
- Analysis of existing client accounts with the goal of identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities for additional sales growth and increased margins
- Establish relationships with national activity providers in your regions to expedite continued expansion efforts
- Establish relationships with large regional and national lodging providers
- Cross-departmental coordination to streamline the sales and new client implementation process
- Provide sales team supervision through field visits, observations, and measurement of results
- Recruit, train, and develop additional Destination Managers and Activity Specialists, as required
- Management of regional sales marketing budget to achieve maximum ROI
- Representation of Xplorie at industry association conferences and summits
- Establish cross-promotional vendor relationships to improve Xplorie’s integration with existing industry technology and to assist in client acquisition efforts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Reside in the Southeastern region of the U.S. (Eastern or Central time zones)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five to seven years of relevant sales management experience preferably in the vacation rental or hospitality industries
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce)
- Critical thinking, negotiation, and sales strategy skills
- Confident, approachable, an independent self-starter with great organizational skills
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
- Close proximity to a major airport
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $80,000 - $120,000 Base salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Base salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Insurance – Xplorie will pay 80% of the premium cost for Employee and family, including major medical, vision, and dental
- 401K Matching up to four percent of employee’s base salary
- Personalized Vacation Program – unlimited PTO