Big Bear Vacations:
Vacation Rental Quality Assurance Inspector
Become A Valued Member Of Our Rewarding Team
Location: Big Bear Lake, CA
“Founded in 1907, we have served over 1.3 million guest nights over the last 113+ years!”
Are you ready to join our team? At Big Bear Vacations, attitude is everything. We value teamwork, the golden rule, and approach every day with a solution-oriented mindset. Because of this, we have become a leading vacation rental property management company with 300 properties and a highly-regarded part of the Big Bear Lake Community.
With a long-standing record of proven excellence, we are committed to our team members and take great care in choosing team members that will stand out as hard-working and trustworthy.
As our Vacation Rental Quality Assurance Inspector, your role is to ensure that all Big Bear Vacation rental properties are in perfect condition, offering our guests a 5-star experience with every visit. To excel in this position, you must be highly attentive to detail, have a basic understanding of plumbing, electrical and electronic systems, and love that no two days are the same, recognizing that each property will present different challenges and requirements. This is a unique position, ideally suited for someone with excellent communication skills who can work well alongside the housekeeping team, is solution-oriented, and enjoys a flexible schedule that varies from day to day out in the field.
- Assess the home condition and quality of work done by the housekeeping team before the next guest's arrival
- Inspect home amenities, electronics, and appliances for functionality and cleanliness
- Inspect plumbing - hot water, toilets clean, drains all-clear
- Check to ensure that access to the home will be seamless for guests with keys in the right location, wifi working, and phone working.
- Handle all minor tasks that do not require a vendor
- Communicate any issues to the appropriate departments and staff members
- Ensure top-notch curb appeal: blow off decks, remove cobwebs, and “freshen up” the rest of the outdoor landscape as needed
- Spot clean, indoor and outdoor as needed
- Inspect interior and exterior of the properties for wear and tear and take detailed notes for reporting
- Prep home for guest arrival & ensure guest supplies are laid out
- Take photos throughout the inspection process and notify the reservation office of the home's readiness for guest arrival in the system
- Check on cleaning, yard care, and any maintenance concerns and report findings to the Maintenance Co-ordinator
- Inspect all work on homes to ensure their completion is up to standard
- Inspect homes for routine cleaning and maintenance needs
- Restock home supplies
- Takes initiative to share best practices fix issues at the root cause level while staying aligned with our company culture
- Access to your own reliable transportation, preferably a 4X4, to manage in snowy conditions
- Lifting, bending, carrying, and standing for prolonged periods.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- General handy-person capabilities
- Experience with general labor
- Customer-first attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions
- Basic proficiency in MS Word & Excel
- Ability to use web-based apps for reporting and business operations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Cope well under pressure
- A clean driving record
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $17.50 with an increase to $18/hr after 90 days and quarterly bonuses and SIGN-ON BONUS
Our exciting bonus plan rewards the Quality Assurance Inspector's efforts to provide a 5-star guest experience during our guests' stay and maintain our company’s standard of excellence.
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Fuel reimbursements when coming from out of the area
- 401K matching
- Work phone provided
- Relocation assistance
- Minimum of 40 hours per week. Flexible availability is a must - including weekends and some holidays. OT is allowed during busy seasons.