Founded in 2001, Pure Kauai was the first luxury villa rental company on the north shore of Kauai. We offer luxury accommodations and concierge services, including virtually unlimited experiences, from private chefs and massage therapists to activities and tours across the island.
Our mission has been to co-create unique, soulful experiences with our guests on Kauai. With love and respect for our island home, we proudly offer our visitors the finest luxury estates and services. As a company, we strive to operate a transparent, green, and sustainable business on every level. As an employer, we honor our team members' unique gifts and support their growth.
The Senior Full Charge Bookkeeper will lead our finance and accounting function, including managing a full-time invoicing specialist. Responsibilities include A/P, A/R, payroll, month-end closing processes, and other accounting-related functions as needed. To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable communicating with clients and vendors while emphasizing client service in this role.
Note: This position requires working Hawaii or Pacific time zone hours, regardless of the candidate’s location.
- Daily accounts payable, accounts receivable/invoicing, and banking.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of daily transactions.
- Posting of journal entries to balance sheet and income statement based upon predetermined methods and routines.
- Update balance sheet accounts, including weekly and monthly reconciliations.
- Conduct daily posting and downloads for bank accounts/credit cards, as required.
- Process client payroll with 3rd party vendor.
- Successfully use, monitor, and review any 3rd party applications as needed.
- Review and process monthly and quarterly sales and use tax, as required.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll filings with the general ledger.
- Review and manage the month-end close process.
- Being able to work Hawaii or Pacific time zone hours is mandatory.
- 3+ years of performing full-charge bookkeeping; experience in vacation rentals is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of using QuickBooks Online is required.
- Working knowledge of prepaids, accruals, and deferred revenue.
- Knowledge of Job Costing and Estimates.
- Interest in 3rd party applications to enhance efficiencies. Must be a US Citizen residing in the US - Candidates outside the US will not be considered.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Bonus Details: Bonus based on individual and company performance.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts