Are you dreaming about ditching your cubicle job? Joining the UrbanStay team is an opportunity to free yourself from your desk and participate in meaningful work that impacts your career satisfaction and creates impactful experiences for people visiting from around the world.
Sounds amazing? Let us introduce you to Urban Stay.
We established our first Urban Stay property to escape corporate 9-5 jobs. We knew life had so much more to offer outside the rat race: an exploration of new worlds, authentic conversations with friends, and unforgettable memories. We created UrbanStay to give travelers an experience we sought, as well as free us from our cubicles so we could have the flexibility to explore new places. We find fulfillment in travel, adventure, and accommodating vacationers in our UrbanStay homes.
As a result of embodying that mission and vision, we are growing. It turns out that being authentic, working hard, and taking bold action really do work.
If you align with our mission and are up for the adventure, we’d love for you to keep reading.
Keeping the guest experience at the center of all we do, we seek an experienced Property Field Operations Specialist to assist with our day-to-day operations.
This role requires strong project management skills and the ability to delegate effectively while maintaining a budget. You must be a reliable self-starter who can work well with team members, guests, homeowners, and third-party vendors in a professional and timely manner.
Your areas of responsibility will be basic maintenance tasks, ensuring smooth turnovers that adhere to our standards, managing maintenance, and cleaning teams, supporting and mentoring team members, and attending to any issues that may arise at our properties.
If you would thrive on traveling throughout the day to our vacation rentals to perform maintenance and set-up duties while working closely with our team members and outside vendors, we'd love to hear from you.
- Improve processes of the field operations for maintenance and housekeeping.
- Complete property inspections between guests for assigned properties.
- Perform minor maintenance repairs and report higher level maintenance issues using Breezeway; Hire and contract complex maintenance jobs when necessary.
- Monitor, maintain, restock and organize supply storage closets in the homes.
- Oversight of cleaning team, reporting any housekeeping issues or deficiencies, picking up and dropping off linens to homes.
- Manage and assist with new property onboarding and setups where needed.
- Regularly maintain hot tubs; CPO certification is a plus.
- Fulfill on-call guest-related requests in a timely manner
- Direct and assist other Property Field Specialists in the fulfillment of their duties as needed.
- Previous experience as a maintenance lead or similar role in the hospitality, real estate, or vacation rental industry is strongly preferred.
- General residential maintenance knowledge and experience are required.
- Experience working in the vacation rental industry is an asset.
- Strong work ethic, good communication, and a team player.
- Desire to provide exceptional hospitality experiences for guests.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to use cloud-based software and phone apps.
- Flexibility in schedule to include working weekends
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $46,000 - $54,000 based on experience and achievement
Bonus Details: Uncapped profit-sharing performance-based bonus compensation.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days.
- Retirement benefits or accounts.
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Relocation assistance to the Austin, Texas area.