Location: Kill Devil Hills, NC
Position type: Full time
SAGA Realty & Construction is an innovative and growing Home Builder, Community Developer, and Real Estate Sales Company with offices in Kill Devil Hills and Kitty Hawk, NC. Our passion for building combined with over 15 years of experience and market research allows us to help create quality homes and communities where people feel like they belong. As a local family-owned company, and one of the largest businesses on the Outer Banks, SAGA believes in giving back to the community and elevating the Outer Banks in everything they do.
At SAGA, you can build a rewarding career where your potential for growth is unlimited! Team members at every level at SAGA offer valued contributions to the company and you'll find endless opportunities for challenging FUN work. Our multi-faceted company includes interior design, property management, real estate sales, accounting, maintenance, technology, and more! Pay is very competitive and the benefits package for career positions is unmatched in the area. Get in touch and see for yourself why SAGA is the best place to work on the Outer Banks!
SAGA Construction, Inc. (SAGA), an innovative and growing construction firm is looking for a Preconstruction Manager with at least 5+ years of experience in residential and/or commercial construction plans and pre-construction management. Excellent organization and communication skills required.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all plans meet current code requirements and comply with internal specifications.
- Provide technical and project management oversight to ensure that the designed plans adhere to the organization’s standards, code requirements, and regional best practices.
- Coordinate truss drawings and material schedules to achieve a base house set of plans for each model type.
- Review and negotiate pricing with structural and civil engineers.
- Review sales collateral to ensure that plans and specifications are accurate and avoid misrepresentation. Work with the marketing and sales team to optimize collateral.
- Work in conjunction with architects, designers, engineers, purchasing, construction, and trade partners to ensure all construction documents are accurately maintained and updated, as necessary.
- Participate in framing and electrical walks to capture necessitated field changes. Ensure that changes are captured on the plans in redlines and those base models are updated.
- Identify and resolve construction challenges in a timely manner and develop alternate solutions.
- Other various miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. BS in related field preferred, but not required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Impeccable integrity, drive, positive attitude, and a proven ability to work across departments and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- 5+ years of experience
- $75,000 - $85,000 (Base Salary) + Bonus Potential
- Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental within 90 days of hire.
- Outstanding 401k
- Other Benefits
Notes This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. This posting or any subsequent interviews do not constitute a contract of employment. SAGA Construction is an equal opportunity employer.